Large Monitor upgrade from LG 43UN700-B (latest IPS version) for strictly office work and 4k movies, please help.

amd4life

Gawd
I have a 43UN700-B that I thinking of replacing. I do not game at all, and the monitor is used for only desktop office work, music production and 4k movies.

I sit 3-1/2 feet from my monitor for 6-8 hours a day and I really need crisp text, so I would like to find a large SRGB IPS 4K panel. This monitor is okay, but the text in certain menus is a little jagged and the colors are not that vibrant, versus my smaller dual 24" IPS 4K seteup, no matter the settings I have tried to tweak.

The colors are expressed in a muted, almost like google material pastel. I have tried using the display port, and a high quality HDMI 2.1 cable and the colors are just okay. So any better options that folks can recommend? Is the HP Z43 a quality monitor for crisp text, vibrant colors and 4k video playback?

I'm pretty sure all those older Dell/Viewsonic/LG 43" 60 Hz IPS displays use the same LG panel in your display so I doubt they are any better. The newer ASUS and Acer ones use a VA panel that has its own problems.

I've also been waiting for a quality 43" 4k panel with a good PbP and KVM solution and there's nothing out there and nothing on the immediate horizon. I've given up and am back to three smaller displays.

You can try the Dell U4320Q, but that monitor might be using the same panel as the 43UN700-B (they were released within a few months of each other). You mentioned jagged text and compared your 43" 4k monitor to a 24" 4k monitor (which has almost double the DPI), so it sounds like you should stay with your dual monitor setup for now. You could also try 32" 4k monitors, but I don't know if you have 2x 32" desk space or the $.

I think what you really want is 6k or 8k at 40-43", but unfortunately these monitors don't exist yet. :( I'm waiting as well...

Back