Large, lightweight (ish) CRT

twyztyr

Gawd
I've got a Dell P1110 that's about ready to shit the bed. I love having a 20.1" viewable display, but the thing is a fucking 87 pound pig. Anyone know of anything that is comparable in size but doesn't weigh so much? My desk has a glass top...so I'm not entirely comfortable having this beast on it.

I don't really want to go LCD because the only ones I like are WAY out of my price range. Don't worry about what the range is, just show me what you've got. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a P991 (19/18 viewable) that I like very much. It is not excessivly heavy, although I too have a glass desk and put a compositeboard reinforement on it. This monitor can do 1920x1440 and it loks pretty good, it looks perfect at 1600x120@60Hz, and very good at that res at 70Hz. Although it is not as big as your old one, it is still a very immersive monitor.

fw900 although its a bit too light it tends to slide off your desk if the airconditioning is on. Some paperweights glued to the side help this though.

Chewbacca said:
fw900 although its a bit too light it tends to slide off your desk if the airconditioning is on. Some paperweights glued to the side help this though.

You are kidding right? FW900 weighs 93 lbs.

shadowwyvern said:
it looks perfect at 1600x120@60Hz, and very good at that res at 70Hz.

I am sorry but anything lower than 75Hz is barely lookable, much less perfect. You are ruining your eyes by setting it at 60Hz.

It finally died, and in a most spectacular way. At least I got a fireworks show out of it. I'm running on a craptacular 17" CTX I had in the closet.

Large lightweight CRT is kind of an oxymoron.
My advice is to get a desk that suits your monitor, not a monitor that suits your desk. The desk is there for the computer, not the other way around.

Indolentron said:
Large lightweight CRT is kind of an oxymoron.
My advice is to get a desk that suits your monitor, not a monitor that suits your desk. The desk is there for the computer, not the other way around.

I'm not looking for featherweight, but there's gotta be something out there that weighs less than that dead fucker in the corner.

Chewbacca said:

hahah, i actually laughed.

Back