Large Hadron Collider Disproves the Existence of Ghosts, British Professor Claims

Or, it is true for a fool that believes false data.

Belief in itself is a useless notion. It changes nothing. You can choose not to believe proven data, or choose to believe it. Neither of those choices makes it true or false until you were to conduct experiments yourself and prove to yourself what it is. I believe what I am breathing is air made up of molecules someone else told me was in it. Sounds good to me so I believe it. It really is how all of us muggles perceive science from the outside. The world is full of truths, bias, mysteries etc. I think we as a species spend more effort wanting to prove someone else wrong than to prove they are right.

You mean the rate at which scientists are pocketing money because of an agenda? I mean it's not like the NOAA changed the numbers to get the result before the In climate conference in Paris. Oh wait, that's exactly what they did. Get your head out of your ass.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...rs-duped-manipulated-global-warming-data.html

http://www.lse.ac.uk/GranthamInstitute/news/more-fake-news-in-the-mail-on-sunday/

An attack by the ‘The Mail on Sunday’ on the accuracy and integrity of a recent paper on global warming is based on inaccurate and misleading claims, including a fake graph.

Yawn ... more fake news.

Belief in itself is a useless notion. It changes nothing. You can choose not to believe proven data, or choose to believe it. Neither of those choices makes it true or false until you were to conduct experiments yourself and prove to yourself what it is. I believe what I am breathing is air made up of molecules someone else told me was in it. Sounds good to me so I believe it. It really is how all of us muggles perceive science from the outside. The world is full of truths, bias, mysteries etc. I think we as a species spend more effort wanting to prove someone else wrong than to prove they are right.

The "proven" data is false.

Yes fake news. you wouldn't know facts if they bitch smacked you in the face.

It is amazing how you believe that personal attacks are a valid form of debate / argument. Maybe its time to try decaf.

You can't prove a negative. Science has also failed to disprove the existence of santa claus entirely.

The difference between your window example is you figured out the wind closed the door in one example, but have yet to figure out the actual cause in the 2nd example and automatically assume "ghost" simply because you dont understand.

I don't automatically assume ghost, but I also know a door doesn't close under its own power unless it has a mechanism that makes it close. So unless the door is a living being that can scream and bleed, or Ant Man is real and is slamming doors just to fuck with people, I am going to believe that another force out there made it close. There is more research on the paranormal than there is on living doors that scream and bleed, and we have yet to figure out how to shrink a person down to the size of an ant, so I will go with the more plausible explanation, which is that a force that science has yet to actually explain, or possibly hasn't been discovered yet, could be at work. Right now, that force is labeled ghosts. Tomorrow we may learn it is something else entirely.

The Ancient Greeks believed the natural state of objects was rest. We now know the forces at work they were studying is called friction.

Back