Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Release Date Announced

Wait a minute. Diablo III meets Lara? Did I miss something here?

I actually think I might pick this one up. I wonder though if the PC will have features I can't get on the PS4. Well I suppose I would just use my ps4 controller and play it on the PC lol. Pre order Herr I come...

Came into thread expecting a sequel to the rebooted Tomb Raider.

Left thread disappointed.

Came into thread expecting a sequel to the rebooted Tomb Raider.

Left thread disappointed.

You and me both. Where the hell did this game come from? What inspired it? Why? I thought the Tomb Raider reboot was an awesome game. I have been waiting for a sequel to come out so I can pick it up, too. I am not so sure on this though. What the hell?

I really liked Guardian of Life. If you ever want a solid co-op game, pick it up on the next steam sale. This new version looks just as entertaining.

Wait, it's not a sequel to the reboot? The hell? My daughter is half way through the reboot now and we love it. I hated the old games.

Wait, it's not a sequel to the reboot? The hell? My daughter is half way through the reboot now and we love it. I hated the old games.

The best way I can describe this game is like top-down adventure game where both players need to help each other solve puzzles and survive the combat scenarios (plus analog stick-based shooting). It is a TON of fun to play with someone, especially in the same room (the game has native same-screen co-op).

Bleh, I cant play as a girl :p I have a weird feeling when playing female characters :p

So, play as the other character. The Host gets Lara by default, while P2 gets the male character. For this new game, the 3rd player will be Isis, and the 4th will be Ra (sans incest background).

Either that, or overcome your mental block and realize you're playing a 3D model in a video game that in no way damages your masculinity or lack of non-emotional response.

As some people said, I was expecting this to be a sequel but it turns out to be another game and not to mention it looks quite cheesy, but who knows, it could be good before I judge.

Damn, imagine if Diablo 3 had graphics like this:

LCTOO_Bridge_Battle_Zoom.jpg.jpg

You and me both. Where the hell did this game come from? What inspired it? Why? I thought the Tomb Raider reboot was an awesome game. I have been waiting for a sequel to come out so I can pick it up, too. I am not so sure on this though. What the hell?

Yeah I got excited too. Really let down. :(

Fucking nice! Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light was a fucking fantastic experience, played in co-op of course. Now this sequel has 4-player co-op. I don't know if I will be able to get that many people together, but either way, it's awesome that GoL is getting a sequel. I will be all over that game when it drops.

I take it you never played this game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/35130/ You really should check it out. Don't play it by yourself though. Hit that shit up in co-op.

The game you're expecting won't be coming around 'till late next year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDUwiu4tmtg

Like a couple others here, I really liked the reboot. I've never liked Lara Croft games, though, and I actually avoided this one for a long time because I thought it was like the older ones. At least now I know there's a proper sequel lined up for the future.

My problem with the New Tomb Raider is it felt less like a game and more like a giant cut scene with QTEs thrown in.
Makes me feel like I'm playing the old arcade laserdisk games like Space Ace or Dragon's Lair.

Why is everyone saying they were expecting a sequel to the reboot? This has already been announced at E3...
Rise of the Tomb Raider

So, this is essentially a mod for Diablo 3? Shame.
This is an action-adventure with puzzle solving that happens to have a 3D top-down isometric camera. It is nothing like Diablo III at all...

In fact, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, the game to which Temple of Osiris is a sequel, was released 2 years before Diablo III was. It was originally released on Xbox 360 August 18, 2010, with the PC version coming out a month later. D3 was released May 15, 2012.

I'd just like to add that Guardian of Light is a real gem. It was an impulse buy for me, and I have to say it is a lot of fun solo or coop. For those who have been itching for another Tomb Raider with more Tomb Raiding, this game will definitely scratch that itch.

Shame people are quick to dismiss this. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light was a fantastic game. This is more or less a sequel to that.

Awesome! Guardian of Light was a sleeper hit the year it was released

Yeah if this was a RPG I would be excited too fast top down view games done in 3-D need to be done right like Pillars of Eternity does.

Back