LapWorks Announces Gamers Desk

It needs to come with 'USB ultrasound scanner peripheral' because that thing looks DVT-tastic.

Logitech diNovo Mini. Used on windows base pc's and ps3, some got it to work for xbox 360. Used for sending messages and controls the 3 systems above with no need for a brace.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126039

LInk to item, I know some will say that its cost kind of kills the cut some cardboard but for thoughs that want something that works and looks good comes in handy when you have 1 remote ( logitech Harmony 1000 combined with mini above ) :D

I guess you didn't notice the damn thing is expensive. :eek:

I've been using a board that was a shelf on a old modular desk for years now,for the same purpsoe. Mine case me $0 since I am reusing material.. Not only do I use it for a mouse and keyboard space for when I have my computer connected to the HD tv. What do you know? it also holds my laptop and I am posting this msg from it.

Honestly, you just turn up the sensitivity and get used to it, I've used an area where I come move my mouse about half an inch in every direction and it was fine...

If the mousepad area was about 4x the surface area, it would be useful for using the pc on the hdtv, or playing console games using mouse/keybd.

To top off the functionality, it should have 2 or 3 usb ports, as well as ps2 mouse and keybd ports, which then transmit wirelessly (not infrared either) to a usb receiver. So that it is an all-in one solution for gaming in the front room. I suppose ps2 connections on the receiver might be needed by some. Perhaps make that a cable attachment so the junk isn't dangling when not needed.

Send me a PM to set up royalty payments for my ideas ;)

Anyway make those adjustments and I would want one. If you want to go all out, give the receiver outputs for xbox/xbox360/ps3 as well, and allow custom key mappings to the controller functions, as well as mouse movement to the analog joystick mapping. Again each output could simply be a different plug in connector, or maybe an adapter on the usb output. All the custom key settings should be possible to do via a PC app connected to the USB receiver, which could store all the configs on the pc as a backup.

Shitty mouse space is shitty. I certainly do not want that little amount of space to play FPS' on. Also, I don't want to use a behemoth as my keyboard either!

My mouse is set at default sensitivity, and I only need to move the mouse a maximum of an inch and a half to go from edge to edge on my 1920x1200 desktop. What kind of sensitivity are you people using?

I'm thinking about getting a nice hdtv and using my PC on it, i don't see the advantage of this lap board over a normal board, like a piece of wood or plastic.

The only ones that are any bit worth the cost are the ones I've seen like the higher quality TV dinner trays with bean-bag bases on them so you don't have a hard piece of plastic or wood resting on your lap. Least then you can move it around and get a decent angle on the thing in lieu of being forced to use the angle of your lap as the angle for typing.

I made something similar to place my wireless keyboard and mouse. I used it for everything not just gaming. As almost every has already mentioned, the mouse area is too small. $40 is way too much for that crappy design. If it was done really well, and looked nice, it could get $20. Anyone can go to Home Depot and get them to cut melamine coated particle board to their specs and it would cost less than $10

I guess that goes for people who spend $20 just for a mousepad - like the one [H] offers. ;p

I game with a HTPC and this board simply won't work. Mouse area is too small. I will just keep using the coffee table as the platform when I use it for games.

My mouse is set at default sensitivity, and I only need to move the mouse a maximum of an inch and a half to go from edge to edge on my 1920x1200 desktop. What kind of sensitivity are you people using?

The kind of sensitivity that doesn't have my solider do a 1540 in TF2 when I move my mouse 1.5 inches.

The kind of sensitivity that doesn't have my solider do a 1540 in TF2 when I move my mouse 1.5 inches.

Interesting, I have never heard of FPS fans using less sensitive controls resulting in slower reaction times. Oh well ... to each their own.

On a side note the phantom lapboard, by infenion (or whatever that vaporware company is) and apparently it is shit. They say the wireless connection is horrible.

I'd have to insist on there being a USB hub with a wireless transmitter to make the thing compatible with my wired mouse and keyboard before I considered this, besides the lack of real estate for mouse space. As well, batteries cannot be the only choice of powering the USB hub, I want a power cable so I don't have to put up with constantly swapping batteries. Thats the biggest downside to wireless.

Plus, who wants to buy 20 foot USB extension cables and run them across the living room floor?

I guess that goes for people who spend $20 just for a mousepad - like the one [H] offers. ;p

If you can build a better mousepad for less money and less effort, why not? Its not difficult to ask a Home Depot employee to cut a board for you. They may even have an approriate sized one in their discount/cut bin. Plus the design I was comparing to was junk

Hello, Gamers Of The World-

I am writing to say “THANK YOU” all for the great feedback on our Futura Gamers Desk. Some of you had some great observations. You made it “crystal clear” that the mousing area is not nearly large enough. As a result, we contacted a few of you and asked for your help in designing a new, larger mousing area. With their help, we now have a clear direction and we are in the process of designing a mousing pad that measures 9” L to R and 11” top to bottom. We expect to launch the new “Max” MouzPad mid September. So anyone who orders the Gamers Desk in its present form will receive the new "Max" MouzPad absolutely FREE when it’s available – we’ll even pay the shipping too.

We value your opinion so please visit us at the URL below and give us your ideas. http://www.laptopdesk.net/futura-gamers.html - Having this kind of instant feedback is incredibly helpful and allows us to react to your input very quickly.

My personal email address is [email protected] so please let us hear form you and feel free to contact me anytime. . . . I’m all ears. Thanks again for your most valuable assistance.

Regards to all readers at [H]ard|OCP,

José Calero
President & Chief Product Architect
LapWorks, Inc.

I hope to move this post back up to show that someone is listening to those interested in this product and is looking to fix the issue. I'm very interested myself and I'll be purchasing one soon and will post my feedback after some substantial time to get used to the product.

Hopefully more input can be given to Lapworks to improve this product for all and future products. I look forward to my unit in the near future.

Hello, Gamers Of The World-

I am writing to say “THANK YOU” all for the great feedback on our Futura Gamers Desk. Some of you had some great observations. You made it “crystal clear” that the mousing area is not nearly large enough. As a result, we contacted a few of you and asked for your help in designing a new, larger mousing area. With their help, we now have a clear direction and we are in the process of designing a mousing pad that measures 9” L to R and 11” top to bottom. We expect to launch the new “Max” MouzPad mid September. So anyone who orders the Gamers Desk in its present form will receive the new "Max" MouzPad absolutely FREE when it’s available – we’ll even pay the shipping too.

We value your opinion so please visit us at the URL below and give us your ideas. http://www.laptopdesk.net/futura-gamers.html - Having this kind of instant feedback is incredibly helpful and allows us to react to your input very quickly.

My personal email address is [email protected] so please let us hear form you and feel free to contact me anytime. . . . I’m all ears. Thanks again for your most valuable assistance.

José Calero
LapWorks, Inc.

José Calero
LapWorks, Inc.

That is awesome. Had I any use for such a device (My 37" LCD is my monitor, although I am considering upgrading to a 52" after I get back from deployment in 2010) I would buy one now, just because of this kind of community support and feedback recognition. That said, were I to buy the board, I would just get a second RatPadz XT and superglue the bitch.

Back