Laptop with the best cooling system?

Outbreaker

Limp Gawd
HI,
I'm looking for a Laptop that has the best cooling system.
What i notice is that MSI has normally 3 fans and Asus 2 fans in their Laptops.
I also couldn't find any website that actually tests the cooling system of the new Laptops which is the most important thing. o_O
I don't want to buy a GTX 1070 if it's throttling in a warm environment (30C/86F) to a GTX 1060/1050. :panda:

Last edited:
In my experience, all of them are bad. I haven't seen one that is good.
I would say that if you must have a mobile setup, you can get it to be a lot more thermally efficient by using an eGPU over trying to have it all be internal. That has the downside of always needing an external power source, but it has the upside of being able to upgrade your GPU (and also have the GPU be much faster and clocked much higher), get a laptop that is much thinner and lighter, get a laptop that costs much less, and also doesn't have a super hot GPU inside of it.

===

To me an ideal laptop for everything would simply be something very thin and light (so I can actually use it as a laptop). And then, I can come home, plug it into an eGPU, which is then plugged into either a much bigger monitor or TV, have my much better KB/M setup and game as necessary. On the rare occasion that gaming needs to happen out in the world (which in my usage case it doesn't), the eGPU can also come with.

===

EDIT: For clarity and grammar.

Last edited:
laptoprussiafreezer[1].jpg

Well a Frigidaire isn't really portable. :eek:
An eGPU would be a good solution if someone would create something compact and cheap or it would be better to directly build a mITX into a NCASE M1 case.:beaver:

Back