Laptop with A10?

How is that 6GB of memory configured? You'll want matched dual channels for best performance. That's a lot better deal than my Lenovo was ... sigh ...

It is 4x2 but I also ordered a second 4 so when all is said and done it will be 4x4. extra $28 for ram

You should seriously consider cancelling that order and waiting a few weeks or so for the Richland APU laptops to hit the shelves.

OP, I bought a Lenovo A10-4600 + 7660G with 6gb ram, 750gb hhd in November after Thanksgiving for $499. I put a SSD in it and have been very pleased.

Any comparable Richland APU laptops are going to release at a significantly higher price, maybe $750-800+. So i'd say you got a decent deal.

Last edited:
It is 4x2 but I also ordered a second 4 so when all is said and done it will be 4x4. extra $28 for ram

Uh... 4x2 = 8GB. Whether it's 4GB x 2 or 4 x 2GB is another story, I'd venture to say that it's only got two slots for RAM. Since this is the configuration for the RAM: 4GB x 1+2GB x 1

One thing I am wondering. The A10 has a pretty stout (all things considered) GPU built into it and the desktop version could crossfire with a compatible discrete GPU.

Does the mobile version do the same?

OP, I bought a Lenovo A10-4600 + 7660G with 6gb ram, 750gb hhd in November after Thanksgiving for $499. I put a SSD in it and have been very pleased.

Any comparable Richland APU laptops are going to release at a significantly higher price, maybe $750-800+. So i'd say you got a decent deal.

No, they will be selling at the same price point.

I doubt that because the of the performance , it doesn't skyrocket over Intel so it is an improvement on Trinity but not that good to warrant the money you describe.

Thanks for the input. I should have said 4+2 upgraded to 4+4. I think I will hang on to this laptop when I get even though there is a new cpu coming out unless it has shown to be a really big improvement. The little bit I have read on it does not seem to be that much better.

Doubt there will be a big improvement, and doubt the prices of the older CPU based systems would drop either.

Enjoy.

No, they will be selling at the same price point.

I doubt that because the of the performance , it doesn't skyrocket over Intel so it is an improvement on Trinity but not that good to warrant the money you describe.

We shall see. I doubt I will be wrong. If you look at the recent generations, the A4 and A6 models have been cheap; but the A8 and A10 models have been significantly more expensive until very recently. The OP is looking at the top of the line of the current gen. There is no reason to believe that a top of the line next gen APU laptop will be had at a $500 price point.

Also, the APU market is a niche market. Intel's offering don't matter much because they don't really have anything similar.

Last edited:
I myself trying to hold out for richland. Mostly i want the additional clock speed, and i really think the integrated graphics is all i will need with the a10-5750m.

except for benchmarks and very few games It seems like the a10 + crossfire is a sham anyhow. I really doubt they will be able to sell the a10-5750m equipped laptops for anything over $599 because then you cross into i7 + Geforce 650M territory...

I have that model, I never used the ram or HD.

I ordered the 8GB adata 1.35v gaming ram and a samsung SSD. I also bought and use the Rosewill laptop cooler.

It plays games fairly well. I did not buy this laptop for a desktop gaming replacement but for the time it is being used as my gaming rig. Framerates are decent - not great. Maybe in the future when crossfire is better implemented this laptop will do better.

Fun Stuff...it will run the shit out of that game I bet. Runs TF2 like it's nothing.(1600x900) highest settings w2xMSAA or 4x) never drops below 60 fps. 7670M+6520G+A6 3420M. GF laptop...she needs another 4 GB DDr3 1333 (her 2gb stick was flakey and gave errors, I had to pull it) she needs a Samsung SSD in the future...but it's still great stock for now. 2 hard drives = 1 SSD for boot+OS and Steam games + the regular HD in the empty bay for backup movies+streaming 720p/1080p to PLEX Media Server on the Roku Box I love it. Watching Godzilla VS, Biollante atm. :) Very good graphics, but I do honestly think the frametimes in milliseconds aren't as quick as my Desktop setup....then again I'm used to 120fps in TF2 maybe that's more of it. hmm I can bench something for numbers if it's free on it.
h8u.png

4rurmo.png

Last edited:
Back