Laptop Suggestion

Light1984

Gawd
Hey all,

I want to get my Dad a laptop for Christmas, but he just needs it for surfing the internet. What is a decent laptop for under 5 bills?

Best buy had a 400 acer this week. It's HUGE though. if he needs a keypad i guess it's good but be warned it is pretty big.

pretty sure dell has some laptops under 500 on sale before xmas. I hate dell, but for basic stuff they aren't too bad.. I feel like they have no longevity. I've known tons of people with dells and they have had tons of problems..

Also can look at the small netbooks from these companies. A netbook is perfect for him if thats all he really needs it for. Check out the sizes of em at the store if you havent because they are quite tiny.

The 10" netbooks are nice (once you try the 10" the smaller ones seem onerous). I wanted an Asus but I went to Best Buy and thought the HP's were nicer. The Asus mouse pad buttons make a click clack sound and are harder to push. Of course you can always hook one up to a larger monitor when used at home. You can get 6 hr battery life off thse things - and they dont get hot (get the Atom cpu and not the Celeron). A sub 500 full size lappy means a Turion or something else that sucks juice and tosses heat.

Back