Laptop - Refurb - OVERPOWERED OP-LP2 15.6" i7-8750H, GeForce GTX 1060 ( $580)

• Thread starter Deleted member 89137
  • Start date
Saw this deal... It's pretty nice. Wish I had the spare cash at the moment.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for a deal like this but I just can't justify getting one -_- I really don't need it

I'm contemplating it but I really need a machine with decent battery life and portability.

Keep in mind with this you will also need to do the memory upgrade for it, it's running single channel which affects its performance real bad, so be ready for a dual channel upgrade.

I have the 17" evoo version from this year and its a great machine. Battery life isn't fantastic but most gaming machines have poor battery life. My only hesitation for grabbing one of these is if the new ryzen chips really are a big jump in speed and battery life.

How is the build quality? Isn't 'over powered' the walmart brand of gamer gear? Never trusted it since I heard that.
I've been 'away' for a while, and when I came back I needed a pc. I found an hp pavilion with an 8th gen i5, 16gb ddr4, gtx 1050, and 1tb ssd for $300.

It's the first time in 20 years I'm using a big brand 'out of the box' pc that I didn't assemble from parts... and I've got to say, it works great! I haven't found a game that this thing can't run on at least medium settings...

How is the build quality? Isn't 'over powered' the walmart brand of gamer gear? Never trusted it since I heard that.
I've been 'away' for a while, and when I came back I needed a pc. I found an hp pavilion with an 8th gen i5, 16gb ddr4, gtx 1050, and 1tb ssd for $300.

It's the first time in 20 years I'm using a big brand 'out of the box' pc that I didn't assemble from parts... and I've got to say, it works great! I haven't found a game that this thing can't run on at least medium settings...

So, I bought the OP-LP2 back when it was $800 a year back, and I do not regret the decision to do so.

The Over-Powered brand was terrible for desktops because there was a lot they could screw up, but the laptops were actually quite decent. Just remember to add a second memory stick so it actually benefits from dual-channel mode and its pretty solid, construction is great, metal body, good mechanical keyboard built-in, 144hz 1080p screen, not bad.

So, I bought the OP-LP2 back when it was $800 a year back, and I do not regret the decision to do so.

The Over-Powered brand was terrible for desktops because there was a lot they could screw up, but the laptops were actually quite decent. Just remember to add a second memory stick so it actually benefits from dual-channel mode and its pretty solid, construction is great, metal body, good mechanical keyboard built-in, 144hz 1080p screen, not bad.
sounds much better than I was expecting!

Walmart doesn't even make these laptops.
The OP brand are Tongfang laptops, which are already well liked due to how bios mod friendly they are.

Walmart doesn't even make these laptops.
The OP brand are Tongfang laptops, which are already well liked due to how bios mod friendly they are.
Yes, they are Tongfang chassis. They are Walmart upgraded. Just like Sager doesn’t make their chassis, Clio does.

Well, I pulled the trigger on one. Should get it in 4 days. Can't find a manual on the website. Will it handle a max of 64gb ram since it is an I7-8750?

Last edited:
Whilst it's hard to fine a good review of any of the Walmart desktops, the laptops are a different story. Whether we are talking OP or Motil, it would seem Walmart knows how to spec out a decent laptop for the money.

The deal isnt quite as good, but i just got it for $653 shipped. Going to replace a surface pro 4, good riddance.

Back