Laptop over heating issue.

Wolfcat71

n00b
Can anyone tell me if their is a program that I can download that will allow me to see the heating of a laptop computer, I have a user that said that her laptop gave a heating issue and I can't get it too repeat itself. I've ran the laptop for over 6 hours and the fan kicks in but I'm not getting any error. Thanks or any advice on what else I can check would be great.

What kind of laptop is it ? Like a P4 ? Centrino ? Did you go into bios and see if there is an option that allows you to run the fan when AC power is on ? You could try motherboard monitor 5 (search google) and see if that can get the temp off your lappy.

what kind of laptop is it?

if it's a dell google for the program called fangui. its worked with every dell i've put it on even though it's for the 5100 series.

did you check what kind of surface she was running it on? soft tablecloth or hard surface, or lap? I'm not sure where the air intakes are, but they could have been obstructed when she got the error...

Originally posted by [wizard]
what kind of laptop is it?

if it's a dell google for the program called fangui. its worked with every dell i've put it on even though it's for the 5100 series.

Thanks for the tip. Just dled it, nice prog.

Back