Laptop not charging or running off wall plug...

Swishbish33

Limp Gawd
My brother has a Compaq Presario that is having issues with the battery. The battery is not charging, and the laptop also is not running off of the power coming from the wall plug. The block in the middle of the power cord has a green light that is not lighting up when plugged into the wall. Also, the laptop's indicator lights do not show that it is plugged in either.

What could the problem be? The power cord? The battery? The power supply? I've never really dealt with a laptop's power before.

Thanks so much for your assistance.

That's a dead power cord. If the light was green, it might be the Laptop's DC Jack, but if the light if off it's definitely the cord.

Yeah. Your power cord may be dead. Check the light on the brick, if it is on then the problem is more towards the laptop. The most common places are either where the cord comes into the power brick on the laptop end or where the cord goes into the laptop. At this point, either the cord can fatigue or you have tweaked the power plug on your motherboard and ripped if off the solder. I have fixed one of these with a soldering gun but it is not easy and is never the same. You can test for the breaks by squeezing or flexing the power cord at different places and looking at your laptop's power light to see if it comes on.

Back