Laptop motherboard replacement Keyboard ZIF socket

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
Don't know if it's worth the expense but due to my own stupidity I damaged the keyboard ribbon connector on my HP DV6-6047CL.. I was dissassembly for heat sink paste and fan cleaning. I misinterpreted the instructions for removing the keyboard cable and actually damaged the electrical connections on the back the zif socket now half the keyboard characters won't work. The keyboard is now removed and I am using a mini bluetooth keyboard. except for having to use usb or Bluetooth the machine works flawlessly. I really would like to get the socket replaced any hope of finding the socket or good place to send the mainboard for repair. I do not have the soldering skills for this. Is my only hope only a used mainboard?

Those socket usually require a reworking station. Sending it in for repairs would likely be more expensive than replacing the board.

I found a board but they wanted 398 bucks. I can pickup a used machine for that price. I might go a 100-150 but no more, No real local shops here. I live in a small village near Alexandria Bay NY. At least the bluetooth keyboard sits in the old keyboard bay nicely. Feels like a lost cause.......maybe one will show up on ebay......eventually....

Going by the model number you gave above, the system board part number you want is 641488-001. Here's one on eBay for $70, but it's in China so it depends on how comfortable you are with that..

Also one for about $90 on Amazon from a marketplace seller.

All the boards I found are from China ebay or amazon. Why am I not surprised? Although the amazon seller will pay for return... By the way thanks for the help.

ordered one from ebay for 79 bucks, Tried to fix zif no go. It just irks me that this happened. Oh well another life lesson could take up to a month......from china but then they all say china.....

Back