Laptop Insurance? Safeware?

nightelfmaster

Limp Gawd
I need some accidential care insurance for my laptop that will soon be arriving from dell. Unfornunately, dell does not sell accidential care insurance to NY which kind of sucks. Anyways, I heard about a company called Safeware that insures laptops and various other tech stuff. I was wondering if any of the people here had any experiences with Safeware and how reputeable they are.

According the Ohio better business bureau, they were founded in 1982 and had 2 complaints in the last 36 months, none of which are in the past year. They were both resolved.
(http://www.columbus-ohbbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=8492)

So, can anyone tell me if this a really good company, or are there others that are better.

Thanks

I think the reason Dell doesn't sell complete care to NY (and FL I believe) is because of some sort of NY law prohibiting that kind of warranty.

Eric1285 said:
I think the reason Dell doesn't sell complete care to NY (and FL I believe) is because of some sort of NY law prohibiting that kind of warranty.

The reason they don't offer it in NY is because in NY that kind of warranty is technically insurance, and dell doesn't have the proper certification to offer insurance in NY. My friend was mad about that when he got his Inspiron XPS.

nightelfmaster said:
thanks. But is safeware a good insurance company?

Depends how you define 'good'.

All insurance companies are asshats, to a certain degree.

Josh_B said:
Depends how you define 'good'.

All insurance companies are asshats, to a certain degree.
well yeah, but are there any that arn't so much of an "asshat." It would be really nice.

One of the guys that use to work with me used them on his pdas and his friends used them as well. He seemed to be happy with them and through him and like 3 or 4 other guys they had at least 2 or 3 pdas that they managed to kill in some way or another. One of them used it for a notebook as well if I remember when he dropped it. They all seemed to like them.

Back