Laptop for business use

kasel23

n00b
I'm looking to spend around $800-1k on a solid business laptop. I do IT work, so I want a quick system but not concerned with gaming or storage size really. I'm mostly concerned with mobility and durability. Currently my favorite is the Lenovo Yoga 13, so if anyone has experience with that and wouldn't mind giving feedback I'd appreciate or an alternative option.

I'm looking to spend around $800-1k on a solid business laptop. I do IT work, so I want a quick system but not concerned with gaming or storage size really. I'm mostly concerned with mobility and durability. Currently my favorite is the Lenovo Yoga 13, so if anyone has experience with that and wouldn't mind giving feedback I'd appreciate or an alternative option.

Don't get Lenovo's consumer line for business.

In that range you should be able to get a hp pro book or a dell latitude with an onsite warranty. They would be my first choices.

ProBook, Lower end Elitebook may fall into category, Latitude, or the business offerings from Lenovo (the "x" series IIRC is their business line) are the ones to look at

Lenovo x230 or the T4xx / T5xx series (depending on specs and screen res you desire)

Lenovo x230 or the T4xx / T5xx series (depending on specs and screen res you desire)
Seconded.

I'd suggest the x230 with IPS screen first and foremost. If you want something larger then check out the T4xx series (also Thinkpads).

Otherwise a Dell Latitude.

Thinkpad > Latitude > Tecra hit or miss. Avoid HP like the plague seem to suffer sooner or later from thermal design issues.

Thinkpad. Nothing else exists.

Seconded/Thirded.

My summer job gave me an e530 and I don't think I've ever been as fond of a laptop keyboard. I can honestly say I like the keyboard more than my Macbook Air ... and my Air is my little buddy so that really pains me to say!

Back