Laptop fans being really loud

Bitbat

n00b
Me and my sister share a Dell G5 laptop and the temps have been getting super high lately, plus the fans are going super loud.

Our model is a Dell G5 with a GTX 1060, Intel Core I7 8750 H and has a 100 gb c drive, and a 1 tb solid state hard drive. I have checked the temps using RTTemp and it's measuring 85-91 when gaming, and this is playing Big Paintball(Roblox) at about medium settings (i could easily go max settings if i wanted to.)

It also goes super loud when opening a browser tab or doing premiere pro. I have dell support warranty but i don't think its any use calling them. How can i fix this?

You need to be very careful about blowing it out with air compressor, or even canned air. Any air you blow into vents needs to be in vents that let air out of laptop. Blowing air in vents air flows into laptop you will pack the dust/lint in fins tighter and restrict airflow even worse .. end result will be even higher temps.. Blowing air in vent air comes out of will blow lint/dust away from coolers and hopefully out the vents it came in thorugh.

Another possible problem is cooler TIM is drying out and not transferring heat like it should. To fix this requires someone with some tech knowledge adn skills to find manual, dissasemble laptop, remove cooler, clean, apply new TIM, re-install cooler, and re-assemble laptop. Not something a beginner should try doing.

Back