laptop choices 120hz, lightboost etc....

rudy

[H]F Junkie
What choices do I have no days for a laptop with a large screen, 120hz and lightboost. Probably going to look the 980M, not interested in SLI configurations.

I suggest you think about this.

What do you want in terms of size (13", 14", 15", 17", 18:)?

What weight are you willing to take (heavier generally means it has better cooling)?

What features do you absolutely want (esata, sd card, bluray drive, thunderbolt, spdif, vga, pcie ssd, quad core, touch screen, IPS, gsync)?

How much are you willing to pay (more features you want the higher the price obviously)?

I suggest you think about the fact no laptops support this.

The closest you're going to get I believe is the Sager NP9773 with a 75hz screen and it has been reported to OC to 100hz.

OK well that's all I needed to know guess the laptop makers will not be making a sale for the forseeable future. I have 120hz on my current laptop, another case of the laptop makers going backwards. Its amazing how many companies claim to make stuff for gamers yet lack the most basic things gamers need like NKRO keyboards, and fast monitors.

Let me modify this thread a little since its on topic, what laptops are available with gsync or freesync? Are there any that would be decent mid range gamers for around $1000?

Back