laptop + cell phone & internet service?

memnoch349

Limp Gawd
Sprint all the way:) Not one complaint. Had to buy the USB cable but thats a given. I usually get at least 128 down. Only problem is when my cell phone bat dies I have to wait for it to charge. Guess I could buy another battery;)

I use Sprint and get disconnected after about 3 minutes. I'm using Keep Alive now to keep the connection going. Sprint sucks in San Diego.
No, you usually cannot use your phone as a dial-up because it is NOT a modem (although there may be exceptions out there). I have the Sanyo SCP4900 and use a USB cable with it, along with FutureDial software (which is quite finicky to set up).
My main complaint is poor service (the more I bitch about it, the more minutes they give me).
Verizon is testing a wireless card setup here that uses different towers than cell phones (like Sprint does). However, the card is $200 after a rebate and the service is $80/month! Sprint wants $150 for the card and $40/month (and they will still suck).

Originally posted by cgarluvr
I have the Sanyo SCP4900 and use a USB cable with it, along with FutureDial software (which is quite finicky to set up).

I use the same phone, same cable, same software(which you do not have to use, you can use windows connection dialer and #777 to hit the sprint network) and have not had any problems but the battery issue listed in my previous post further up. However, living in San Diego, I could see how that might be problematic.

ok i promisse not to bump any more posts, but i seen this fourm and was dieing to ask! i have the same unlimited service on my motorola T208 i think, something like that, and my service is though T-Mobile. but when i hook up to my laptop, dial my ISP and connect, it only connects at like 9.6k, help!

You CAN'T dial an ISP though your modem and expect good speeds. The a->d conversions screw everything up. The best way is to use the internet connection provided by the cell phone provider, 'cause you get a digital link all the way though. That's why the bluetooth or USB connection to say telus etc. work well. If you have specific questions about your phone etc.. call your cell phone provider. Usually they are quite helpful. :)

I've got an N-Gage, and there IS a way to connect to a dialup ISP with it. It involves a bluetooth connection with your computer and the phone, and then a few settings under access points in the menu.

Not sure if other phones running Symbian 60 have the same abilities, but will gladly help anyone interested.

PM me for more info.

Back