Lappy warranty problem @BB

Rune75

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok... 1st thing, Im not trying to rip off the store or anything Im just tired of this seemingly jinxed lappy.

I bought a Toshiba P25-S509 @BestBuy in March '04 with the 3 year warranty and Ive had it in for repair 2x now each time taking well over 2 weeks and Im about to have to send it in again. The problem this time: it seems that every 3rd column of pixels is dead on the LCD.

My question: Is there a way to say I got a lemon lappy and I want to trade my POS for a newer/better lappy even if I have to pay the difference in price instead of shipping it out for repair again? I just want a lappy that works for longer than 6 months at a stretch.

Their no-lemon policy says you don't have to ship out three times for the same problem, unless they have changed anything since I left. You could try to talk to a manager, but he/she would probably tell you the same thing.

This is (a) one of the many reasons I left BBY, and (b) why I never buy Toshiba laptops- they overheat more than any other manufacturer, in my experience as a former Tech both at BBY (pre-Geek Squad, thank goodness) and in high school, way back when.

What was it in for the first 2 times. The best thing to do is get a copy of the warranty and read through it. Then talk with the manager directly in a respectful manner. Go from there.

^^^^ Keyboard problems the first time and second random issue of when I'd turn it on, the power light would come on and I could hear the system partially powering up but the HDD, LCD, and none of the fans were turning on.

Yea I would read over the warranty and talked to a manager.

I worked at best buy for a long time and when ever something would be wrong with the screen be it a pixel or two or faulty screen junk we would give them a brand new one equal or the same one to the customer.

Back