Lanparty 875P-T owners....

???

Gawd
I just got a DFI Lanparty 875P-T motherboard and I put a P4 520 (2.8) processor in it. The problem is I cannot overclock by 1MHz on the FSB much less higher than that. Everytime I set it up in the bios and save changes, the system restarts and comes up with default settings. I finally figured out the bios flash protection and update to the latest beta bios they had out but still no go on the overclock. I even tried the easy overclock settings in the bios and that didn't work either. I have the following problems I ask for your assistance on:
1. Vcore in windows shows about 1.24 even though I have the CPU VCORE set to 1.6-1.7 in the bios
2. Any FSB adjustment in the bios is not being set upon reboot.
3. Memory adjustments do work but seems like nothing else.
4. Do I need to completely disable the Bios Reloaded stuff or is there a setting I missed?

Things that are ok:
1. Processor is being cooled and is not running too hot thanks to an XP120.
2. Memory is rated at DDR533 at 3-4-4-8 and is made by Patriot with BrainPower PCB. It is memory I learned about from xtremesystems.org
3. Powersupply is a 480watt thermaltake.

Thanks in advance as I am interested in seeing what this board can do.
???

Hmm, I haven't experienced any problems like that with mine. However I did test a 2.8 533 lga775 ES on here, and no matter what I changed the multiplier or the fsb to it wouldn't hold.

Thanks for the info. I am browsing there now but no one seems to be having this problem with no FSB adjustment. Thanks again. ???

phunk311 said:
Don't have an answer for you, but have you checked out dfi-street.com? They have a pretty good forum with DFI techs to answer questions.

Maybe it doesn't like your memory. I've run into weird issues on MSI 865PE boards and certain brands of memory modules and the results were similar.

Well according to a DFI tech I chatted with, it is the powersupply solely based on the fact that it is not a 24pin connector powersupply. I have plopped down a nice sum of money for a OCZ EPS12V powersupply and hopefully that will fix it. If not I will be extremely pissed off! Thanks for all the help and hopefully I will be back on the golden path of Intel happiness soon!

???

Well I hope that fixes the problem. I had problems until I switched to a Antec NeoPower 480. My Truepower 430 gave me problems on my D915PBL.

Hehehe....me too if not I don't know what to do. I will try to RMA it and hopefully they offer an advanced exchange program. We will see in like 3 days. Hopefully it fixes it.

Jared

Sir-Fragalot said:
Well I hope that fixes the problem. I had problems until I switched to a Antec NeoPower 480. My Truepower 430 gave me problems on my D915PBL.

What bios are you guys using? I tried the one on dfi street with supposed support for the E0's. Now I can't get off of 14x multiplier, i'm about to go take this board back to frys.

I have personally tried all the bioses on DFI's main page and the beta site they have a link to and the shipping one as well. According to the very snippy DFI tech at dfi-street.com that if you are not using a 24pin powersupply, don't expect them to help you much. I am going to get my OCZ 600W powersupply tomorrow and will see what that gets me. As far as I recall, the one they posted there is the same bios that is on the beta page at DFI's site. Could be wrong though. No matter what seems like this board has a vcore problem since everyone is experiencing vcore dropping/fluctuations. I will report back with my results as soon as I can.

???

Thatonen00b said:
What bios are you guys using? I tried the one on dfi street with supposed support for the E0's. Now I can't get off of 14x multiplier, i'm about to go take this board back to frys.

When one gets a "good" DFI board theres not a better board.
However, DFI's tech/forum at dfi street, is nortorious at suggesting the problem/s or conflict one has, is with another piece of hardware. RMA the board and hope you get a good one, and if you get a good one, you have the better board available. They just put out as many bad boards as they do good ones. With DFI, its really the luck of the draw.

Just picked up an 875P-T

The 550 CPU should be arriving on Friday. w00t!

I'll be running 1024mb of PC4000 kingston HyperX memory
AGP NV6800U

Water Cooled.

What did you guys do to cool your chipset and power mosfets?
I discussed some of these items over in the Over Clocking Forum. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=882376

I never did anything to cool the chipset or power fets but shortly after getting a new board and having my [email protected] I switched my system to an Asus NCCH-DL with a pair of LV Xeons [email protected] for some fun fast computing. Wish you luck on your board as stated before, once you get a good one it is a great one but otherwise you will beat your head on the wall.

???

fore1337 said:
Just picked up an 875P-T

The 550 CPU should be arriving on Friday. w00t!

I'll be running 1024mb of PC4000 kingston HyperX memory
AGP NV6800U

Water Cooled.

What did you guys do to cool your chipset and power mosfets?
I discussed some of these items over in the Over Clocking Forum. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=882376

Back