Landlord Uses Facebook To Evict Tenants

HardOCP News

[H] News
How do you know if tenants are wrecking the house you are renting to them? Duh, check their Facebook profile! Who needs to gather evidence when Facebook provides you with pictures, names (tagged photos) of the people involved, phone numbers and addresses.

A landlady has become the first in Britain to evict her tenants after they posted pictures of wild parties turning her house into a tip on Facebook.

When are people going to figure out that the internet isn't all that anonymous anymore? We've got firings, evictions, divorces, arrests...all over people posting incriminating stuff on the net. Darwinism at it's finest if you ask me. :)

Step 1) Commit a crime/taboo/etc
Step 2) Post pictures including names, address, gps co-ordinates of all involved
Step 3) Regret

What is up with the teens in the UK and Facebook? This is not the first story like this involving UK teens, Facebook, and that TV Show.

What is up with the teens in the UK and Facebook? This is not the first story like this involving UK teens, Facebook, and that TV Show.

yah, cuz i bet there wan't any thing with american teens, youtube and jackass.

She's just mad because she didn't get an Event invitation to the biggest party of the year!

Regarding facebook: When are people going to figure out that you can simply make it only your FRIENDS can view your profile? Geez....

Regarding facebook: When are people going to figure out that you can simply make it only your FRIENDS can view your profile? Geez....

And how many times have people you've known in real life screwed you over?

Not arguing, just saying friends of your friends find out stuff.

yah, cuz i bet there wan't any thing with american teens, youtube and jackass.

Didn't mean it like that, but that tv show and teens and parties have come up several times involved with Facebook in the UK.

Landlady looks like the chick that got with Hugh Grant in the movie "Love Actually".

I'm not above using violence they could get it for messing up my rental property
The renters we have had have never done anything like this i wonder if they even called references?
Nobody is gonna leave with unpaid bill notices i'll find ya... I have friends

I'm not above using violence they could get it for messing up my rental property
The renters we have had have never done anything like this i wonder if they even called references?
Nobody is gonna leave with unpaid bill notices i'll find ya... I have friends

However when finished nobody else will ever find them agian correct. :D

The picture in the article hardly depicts a crazed hedonistic roman orgy - it is just three girls dancing. To be honest the landlady looks like she could benfit from being invited to a party or two. I can see her point if the flat is trashed but IMO the facebook pictures alone don't justify all this fuss.

When are people going to figure out that the internet isn't all that anonymous anymore? We've got firings, evictions, divorces, arrests...all over people posting incriminating stuff on the net. Darwinism at it's finest if you ask me. :)

You forgot the guy who killed his Ex-wife/girlfriend over her status update :p

Mine is wide open. Facebook to me is a place for me to have my presence so people can locate me and get in touch with me, people such as long lost friends, classmates, etc. There is nothing on my Facebook page that I am ashamed of or have to hide.

The picture in the article hardly depicts a crazed hedonistic roman orgy - it is just three girls dancing. To be honest the landlady looks like she could benfit from being invited to a party or two. I can see her point if the flat is trashed but IMO the facebook pictures alone don't justify all this fuss.

It said in the article people were swinging from a chandelier and they put some holes in the walls. I would have kicked their asses out too.

good for her. fuck bad renters. kick their ass to the curb any way you can. I hate people who disrespect other people's stuff.

+1 on the kicking out. Especially since damage costs would probably come out of the landlady's pocket. That's one reason I refuse to rent out my house. I'd rather sell it and get it off of my hands than trust someone else with it. Home-ownership can be costly at times...... That's my personal preference though. To each his own.

Back