Lanboy Air (129.99 ARAC)

For some reason I've always had it in the back of my mind that the lanboy case was terrible, but the reviews seem pretty positive so I don't know where I got that notion.

lol, I meant hot as in good. I guess I am partial to yellow/black but yeah..

I hate yellow, anything yellow reminds me of piss and the toilet. :p I would get this case too but its always just the yellow case that is on sale, never the blue. :(

I was checking this case out at Fry's the other day. It's pretty cool and I was actually liking it more than I thought I would. At first glance, I was like, that's is ridiculous. Then I was like, ha, that's pretty cool.

I'd say the only stand out feature of this case is how the hard drives are suspended which will make them as quiet as humanly possible. Something that is doubly important when the case is essentially one big cheese grater and also something I wish more companies would adapt. Other than that it's a pretty average case in terms of cable management and overall "neatness." Sure it flaunts positive pressure, but that doesn't guarantee that it'll be completely dust free. Price is pretty good too after rebates and coupons are done with, definitely wouldn't pay full price for the case though.

Well, I watched/read a review that said Antec recommends all fans to be intake

The reason being that the more positive the static pressure, the less the dust..that being said I think it is an ugly ass case and honestly think the days of whole hog air cooling are gone. All you need are a few quiet 120/140mm fans and a decent H50/H70...This is a case of marketing blowing it.:D

hideous.

This is another case that fell off the ugly tree...

reminds me of those "constructs" blocks I used to play with 30 years ago.

Yuck city. I like yellow cases, but this is more like a case construction kit than an actual case. Why would i pay that much to build my own case out of components? No thanks.

Guys, seriously, check out Modman review of this case over the internet. The case seems good in theory until you actually spend time building it. Then many of it flaws came out, and the case isn't very well designed. If you are just going to put in your basic component and a few fan, then it is fine. However, if you decided to load it up with 2 video cards, water cooler and many fans, then the case is very badly design for that.

I kinda like the LANboy. If I were to get one I'd probably throw 14 fans on it despite the horrible noise that'd cause :p

Very nice deal, wish i wanted to get a case :D like the looks of it for osme reason, probably because its just different.

I hate yellow, anything yellow reminds me of piss and the toilet. :p I would get this case too but its always just the yellow case that is on sale, never the blue. :(

1) Order yellow case
2) Buy blue paint
3) Buy blue painting tape and tape the black parts of the case
4) Paint the yellow blue
5) ???
6) Profit ?

Back