LAN registry?

phasmatis_nox

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been around a while but I haven't seen a site registering pretty much all the LANs around the country. Is what I see right in front of my face? Does one exist,? If no, then why the heck not?

Listing is pretty much limited to boards like this one or local LAN groups. I've never found a true national listing of the bigger LANs which are 100 gamers or greater in number. We had a LAN database for the forums back in 2001 I think, that listed all of the forum members in an area and what was going on within 50 miles as far as LANs were concerned. It was located on a private server and lasted about a year, but died from lack of use.

hi, majordomo.

hey, if you guys ever get serious about putting something about LANs together, plz let me know. been a HardOCP member since the website first went up and been a LAN'r since 1982 or so.

i know the northern cali region intimately and i go to southern cali LANs at least once a month. also, just got back from mongolia, china, and japan - did a few LANs there beginning of jan.

my website is www.themowers.com
my handle is honestplayer

we have LAN reviews, etc. listed on the site and we have admins of every major northern cali LAN as mowers members.

There are a couple sites out there trying to list LANs from all over -
LANParty.com
Lanlocator.com
Lanaddict.com

Bluesnews has a LAN section, and I know that RedeyePC.com has a listing as well.

The LANDatabase.com site is actually still up and running - since it's data base driven you can still list lans and find them - it's [H] powered to boot !

Peace,
Tim

Back