LAN parties in New England?

0bzeek

n00b
I've sleuth'd the web little bit and it looks like there' not much for LAN parties on NE? Is that everyone else's experience? Am I just missing all the good fun or is there really a dead zone in the North East? Anyone know of any good LAN parties up around this area or gaming centers?

i am in new england (western ma) and i would love to lan it up. send me a pm if you find a lan.

Yeah that's the problem though. Doesn't seem to be much out here. Haven't heard of anything and sleuthing the web comes up with stuff from 2-5 years ago or older. Not sure what it is. There were a bunch that used to happen. Have LANs secretly gone out of "style" or perhaps just popularity?

yeah I did come across PAX East now that you mention it. But it seemed like less of a dedicated LAN and more of a "drop off your shit while you attend PAX and play when you dont' have anything else to do". Maybe I'm wrong though. That was the impression I got. Eitherway I want to check it out next year. Ever been?

I don't know about PAX east but PAX Prime in Seattle WA is a blast!

I actually live in the middle of no where and still hangout with almost all gamers who play PC.. due to the time consumption of someone hauling a system to another kid's house over the years I've actually turned my room into a mini 4 station lan setup. I pretty much have people over multiple times during the week and frequently on the weekends to play games together at my house.

Much more social then using vent and makes for some really fun nights, we also completely wreck games playing Squad based coop games such as Battlefield 3, nothing better than a 4 man squad sitting in the same room drinking beers, having some pizza and owning people together.

If any of you in NE happen to be out near Lowell or even Nashua NH area.. I'm about 30 minutes away in a small town called Groton. PM me if you are interested in joining up with us some night.

I have a LAN party a couple times a year at my place in enfield, ct. If anyone is interested in coming to summer 2012, drop me a pm.

I am in Nashua, NH, and have been looking around for a while to see if there are any other LANs going on in the area. The only large one I've seen in this area since 2010 is the PAX East event

I went to the Nor'easter LAN in Wilmington, MA, in 2007, and was going to go in 2010, but then couldn't make it at the last minute. It was a great location at the Shriner's auditorium there, and a well run event, if not a little lacking in other games to play besides just CS.

Does anyone know what happened to this event? They didn't announce anything for 2011, and there's been nothing so far this year either. The LPANE site has been FUBAR'ed for quite some time - it now just says they lost the whole website at some point and are working to replace it. It's been that way for months. It seems this event got killed off after it became a part of Intel LanFest, as LanFest seems to now be focusing on PAX East as their prime venue, but dunno.

There used to be other smaller LAN groups associated with LPANE that were around in this area as well, but again, since the LPANE site went up in smoke, I'm not sure what happened to any of them.

I'd be down for trying to get something together if we can get some interest.

I actually live in the middle of no where and still hangout with almost all gamers who play PC.. due to the time consumption of someone hauling a system to another kid's house over the years I've actually turned my room into a mini 4 station lan setup. I pretty much have people over multiple times during the week and frequently on the weekends to play games together at my house.

Much more social then using vent and makes for some really fun nights, we also completely wreck games playing Squad based coop games such as Battlefield 3, nothing better than a 4 man squad sitting in the same room drinking beers, having some pizza and owning people together.

If any of you in NE happen to be out near Lowell or even Nashua NH area.. I'm about 30 minutes away in a small town called Groton. PM me if you are interested in joining up with us some night.

NO SHIT that's badass I am in nashua/lowell area I might take you up on that sometime.:cool:

NO SHIT that's badass I am in nashua/lowell area I might take you up on that sometime.:cool:

Yeah, same here, also Nashua. Like I said, I'd be down for getting something together. Moving to a new house in a few months where I could also set something up in the basement for a dozen or so people

Same here moving in a few months hope to get something like that going also.

Nice knowing some local HARDWARE fanatics !

I have a LAN party a couple times a year at my place in enfield, ct. If anyone is interested in coming to summer 2012, drop me a pm.

I'm in New England too, Enfield CT and have a hard time finding any LANs. I've only been to one a couple years ago, but of course the PC didn't want to work :rolleyes:

Yeah, same here, also Nashua. Like I said, I'd be down for getting something together. Moving to a new house in a few months where I could also set something up in the basement for a dozen or so people

I'm in Manchester, put me down for some LAN'ing. Not enough of these going around in New England.

PAX East isn't a LAN, it's a conference. No one LAN's seriously there. I've gone over the past few years religiously, once with company I was interning at, same thing. It's a socializing thing, not a play games on your PC type event. Not to say that a few people don't though.

i think im am going to go to this. i need a command crew....

edit: im not a goodcs or css player

I would consider going to that Xana LAN, but that's seriously all they are going to play is CS and CS:S? No BF3, Crysis, or anything else?

If that's the case it might not be that fun for me, but maybe something is better than nothing..

Hello everyone, I am new to Hard Forum and saw this posting so I decided to join in. I am the owner of Xana LAN and though I should reply. If you need confirmation of this please visit Xanalan.com/forum look for GGgundam in the members list. Or just email the staff. Xana LAN party is doing a Counter Strike 1.6 and Counter Strike Source LAN party hosted around its tournament. We are planning another general LAN party later on this summer though. We like to partner up with other gaming groups to hold LAN partys. ESEA partnered up with us to hold a Counter Strike LAN party thats why we are doing it, and have been in planning it for some time. We look foreword to holding other LAN partys for Crysis and BF3 soon. If your are interested in helping host a LAN party or have questions about current LAN partys please feel free to email us at [email protected].

I am also in NH, and am looking for a local LAN to attend, l'pane dropped off the map after the 2010 nor'easter. I loved that event and the UMASS crews game IRL was awesome.

I'll have to check out Xana LAN

I go to many of the larger LANs and volunteer, I am a staff member (Network guy) for the FITES crew in Pennsylvania. I've been looking for something local to attend.

Damn I posted that forever ago. I'm still interested in a LAN, but I don't really know of any in the area.

PS the group that used to do Digital Overload in Providence, RI is hopefully returning to the area in 2013 for a LAN...

im from stamford, ct ...if there are any worthy lan parties (bf3, natural selection 2, etc) near by ill def attend please pm me when one comes up

Back