Lan Partiers in Michigan?

I live in the thumb area (Sandusky) About 45 minutes away from Port huron and Saginaw.

I hosted a small 15 person lan party over christmas break. Spring break I plan on having a slightly larger one, and over the summer I'm working on a 48 person multiple day lan party.

I would enjoy attending someone eles's too I suppose.

I'm thinking about calling the big one TALP (Thumb Area Lan Party), and prolly setup a website and maybe try and get some sponsors or something. Let me know if you're interested. or if you're having a lan party I can come to ;).

Whats up, i'm from Michigan also. The SE portion of it, i've been thinking of hosting a decent sized lan over in Lapeer and renting out a place to have it at. I just would need to find enough people to come from the area.

Oh by the way do you guys remember what that website was that you can register to and be in a huge database of Lanners, and then when you go to the site you can search for your area and see how many lanners there are?

Not sure.. I know some guys around here get LAN parties going with up to 15+ people.. We use to have HUGE ones in the summer long ago.

Originally posted by 3l3m3nt
Whats up, i'm from Michigan also. The SE portion of it, i've been thinking of hosting a decent sized lan over in Lapeer and renting out a place to have it at. I just would need to find enough people to come from the area.

Hey I live pretty close to lapeer (half hour - 45 minutes). I actually used to live there. I could probably get some of the people that usually come to my parties to go. I'm not sure how many, but 15 or so I would think.

Otherwise feel free to come to one of mine ;) I'm working on picking out exact dates atm.

Originally posted by ]|[ Mar']['in ]|[
Hey I live pretty close to lapeer (half hour - 45 minutes). I actually used to live there. I could probably get some of the people that usually come to my parties to go. I'm not sure how many, but 15 or so I would think.

Otherwise feel free to come to one of mine ;) I'm working on picking out exact dates atm.

What direction of Lapeer do you live in? I live about 45 mins south of Lapeer for college but when i'm not going to school i'm usually at my parents house there. There was just a pretty decent sized lan at lapeer, about 30 or so kids showed up from high school and played anything from desert combat to ut2k3.

Can't wait for the new Desert Combat .7 patch to come out today!!

Originally posted by 3l3m3nt
What direction of Lapeer do you live in? I live about 45 mins south of Lapeer for college but when i'm not going to school i'm usually at my parents house there. There was just a pretty decent sized lan at lapeer, about 30 or so kids showed up from high school and played anything from desert combat to ut2k3.

Can't wait for the new Desert Combat .7 patch to come out today!!

Northeast

Im From Roseville, MI! its like 5 min north of Detroit

But in stationed in NC right now :(

Wow. I thought no one is going to reply :) Didn't know there is that many of you around the MI area... I thought it was pretty dead.

I'm revoking my lurker status to reply...

Live in Lake Orion (little bit south of Lapeer), been looking for lans around here. That link seems dead to me right now, I'll check it out though.

I'm trying to see how many people will sign up for it before it goes official.

MPCON is in march though so that'll be awesome... if you haven't signed up for that i suggest you do!

It's in dearborn and 250+ people show up for it. The lan in lapeer will more than likely be a few more months down the road(for the word to get out and for more people to sign up).

Back