LAN Game Idea's

Decimus

[H]ard|Gawd
Need some game idea's for a small LAN party of 4-8 people. Any and all genre's but have to be a minimum of 4 player and co-op is best. A few of us get a tad competitive so putting us in a confined space were we have to try to win against the other is. . . lets just say it has literally been painful in the past :p

System req's are not an issue either. Most of us have pretty decent rigs.

Idea's so far:
SupCom+Forged Alliance(downside is the massive unplayable lag late game)
Warframe
League of Legends
Age of Empires 3
Planetside 2

My group personally enjoys:

UT3
Soldat
Worms
C&C Generals
BF3
TF2
CSS
MOHAA (which i hate)
Sins of a Solar Empire (which hogs the entire LAN if played)
Warcraft 3
Starcraft 2

Age of Empires 2 HD
Age of Mythology
Demigod
Sins of a Solar Empire
Smite

I think you will really like Smite. It is a moba game, except in third person FPS style. You play as Gods from various pantheons. There's a lot more team work, action, and skill involved than the typical moba. It also looks way better graphics wise

Age of Empires 2 HD
Age of Mythology
Demigod
Sins of a Solar Empire
Smite

I think you will really like Smite. It is a moba game, except in third person FPS style. You play as Gods from various pantheons. There's a lot more team work, action, and skill involved than the typical moba. It also looks way better graphics wise

I have tried Smite but I didn't give it the time it deserves to be understood. Might have to correct that and retry it but for a LAN I think it will be too much of a learning curve especially since none of us have really played it a bunch. Sins of a Solar Empire is an awesome game and I had really forgotten about it for a while. Age of Empires 2 might also be another good idea. We played a lot of Age of Empires 3 for a while and then moved away from it. Was fun but naval battles killed the game, just bogged it down too much. Reminds me of Galactic Battlegrounds. Nothing like unloading ship after ship of AT-AT's :)

Don't forget the Serious Sam series. Especially the remake of the first one. Serious Sam the first encounter HD, but the third installment Serious Sam 3 : BFE is good too.

Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine
Jedi Knight 2: Outcast
Quake 3 Arena
Quake 3: Team Arena
Unreal Tournament 2003
Halo: Combat Evolved
Rune
Smite
Half-Life 2 DM
Counter-Strike
Monday Night Combat / SMNC

We generally try to stay away from games that require online servers or connections, although that is getting much harder these days. You can see we have compromised from our list of games below:

L4D2
TF2
BF/BC2
COD/BO2
Far Cry 2
SC2
COH2
PayDay
Tackmania
Armagetron

Sadly I can't do the LAN party scene for a little bit. Doctor has restricted my carry load to 10 lbs for the next 4 months :(. I guess perhaps it is time to invest in a gaming laptop heh.

Back