Lan File Transfer Program

Snikku

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know a program where you can see the amount of data you are transferring and what speed the transfer is going at over LAN connection?

This would really useful espically for lanparties where file sharing is so common

I would have thought that Windows would have changed this already, but i guess it hasn't been much an issue

As I recall, stuff like StatBar and other desktop stats deals will show traffic since boot time plus current speed.

not sure is this is waht you are looking for, but I use a program called NetMeter. NetMeter is a small, customizable network bandwidth monitoring program. it works very well and even saves day, month, and year totals. best thing is that it's free!

Cant you see all this from the windows performance program that graphs all of this and more?

nope. The Win graphs are poor resolution, no history, and require the task manager to be open, which is a significant resource hog.

Multi Router Traffic Grapher (MRTG) is a good little utility as well. However, you need to be able to turn on SNMP on the devices that you would want to watch. This means for most home routers and switches they're out of luck. Typically only managed devices have SNMP.

I am using Samurize to show my system stats and the bandwidth that is traveling to/from my main machine.
samurize_giga.jpg

Gigabit network

samurize_mega.jpg

10/100 network

backdrop-small2.jpg

lomn75 said:
nope. The Win graphs are poor resolution, no history, and require the task manager to be open, which is a significant resource hog.

yeah, you can add columns and more descriptive things

Back