LAN Case/Bag for 2405FPW

zeeter

n00b
I was wondering if anyone knows about a case or some type of carrying device that will transport [safely] an lcd display of this size. I don't plan on transporting it very often, but when I do, I would like something that will protect it from damage.

Zardoz said:
Case Ace!

They been making LAN totes for years... and are very nice....

are you actively using those right now? because the sizing chart seems to suggest that the large wouldnt be enough...

I wouldn't buy of those for the 2405, they seem too small.. You should send them the dimensions of the screen and check..

And don't just say "24 inch screen" since their marketing seems to be geared towards 5:4, 4:3 ratio shapes, and you might get bitten on the extra width.

I built a case for mine out of a cheapo suitcase from Wal-Mart and some foam padding. I cut out a hole just big enough to fit the screen and also glued on some cotton to where the screen rests to prevent scratching. It works really well and the suitcase will also fit keyboard, mouse, cables, etc.

When I took my LCD to college, I just took the screen apart from the stand, and wrapped it in with all of my bedding. There's no way it's going to get damaged when it's surrounded by 8 inches of pillowy cushioning on either side. I threw the stand somewhere in the trunk, and it made it safely.

get a large suite case, stick 2 sets of pants in, duvet place monitor, stick more clothers on topshut case and you are ready, no other aprt from using orignal box which will be the sfaest option, next safest option would be to buy a cheap and nasty 15" or a 17" off ebay for lanning.

Back