Lame Eve Online Experiences

DudeItsMe

[H]F Junkie
So I started playing Eve about a week ago and it's been sorta fun. The lame part about it is losing ships!!!

I'm in a corporation with a guy I know IRL. He's a bigger nerd about this than me, but that's OK, he seems to konw what he's doing. Well the problem is, he always talks me into going on Lvl 4 missions with him (I can only do Lvl 1 alone), and I always end up getting slaughtered. This wouldn't be so bad, if I didn't have to go and fit a new ship every single night (which can take an hour or more depending on where I have to go to get new weapons). I'm not really looking forward to fitting my 5th ship of the same type.... I may juts wait til I'm able to pilot something better (a few days) and go for that.

/rant

Cliffs: Friends getting you killed is lame.

Yeah, how dare they make an MMO where there's some risk and you can actually LOSE your stuff!

Just don't do lvl4's with your friend until you can fly a decently geared frig/cruiser.
Even then, let him warp in first and let him aggro everything before going in to get the frigs off him.
Do not hesitate to warp out if things go badly.
Lastly, if you go from a frig to the next class ship don't assume you'll fare any better if your support skills are still low... you'll die just as easily.

Level 4 missions are for battleships / tech2 ships, you will be insta popped in a frig/cruiser without decent skills.

Find a new corp that offers a communinism type system with modules and ships. Being able to fit a corp ship with corp modules within a single station can help greatly.

And get used to losing ships ;), I've lost count how many I've lost.

Are you getting paid for it? The bounties alone should cover your loss, thats the plus side of it.

I agree. From what I've seen, it's even more mindless that games like WoW or EverCrack. I like the actually loosing stuff aspect, as this adds a realistic challenge and calls for hard decisions, but the general gameplay of the game I think is lacking. Short of making money, there isn't a lot to do. And waiting RL days to learn skills is really annoying too.

KillerMonkey said:
Don't you think that's kind of your own fault for doing lvl 4 missions in a frig? :rolleyes:
Meh, last night he asked me to go and I said something along the lines of "That usually ends with me dieing"... then he said oh you'll be alright and talked me into it.

Anyways, I let him warp in first, of course. I was planning on just sitting there til there was something to loot, but he told me to go kil a certain target. I go kill the target, the second it dies, I get targeted by six mobs, and I die. He says it was proximity aggro and I got too close, but it seems every time I die it's right after I kill something else.

And it's not really the money that bothers me. It's the fact that I then have to spend around an hour to re-fit a ship just to get going again. I've only lost one ship when I was on my own... the other three have been on missions with him.

Oh... the ship I lost the night before was when he told me to come on a mission, and I was trying to catch up with them. I warped into a room with 10 sentry guns and died in two hits... then he was like, "Oh, I forgot about those"

Maybe I need new friends...

Well you shouldn't really be doing level 4 missions yet. And you would need alot more firepower then what you have now.

But what I do when I want to outfit ships is not buy parts for one ship but buy parts for 10 or so. Round them all up and you'll have everything in your hanger ready to go when needed. And don't forget to insure your ships!

I think you need a new friend. ;)

Seriously, unless you are tied to your current corp why not consider joining the Hard Corp. We exist to help players get started and learn the ropes. If you are interested, just drop by our HQ in Juddi. We also have an office in Oursulaert. Or just look up our ticker HCRP.

Ran Echelon
Chief of Security
[H]ard Corp - member, Brotherhood of Steel Alliance

Well I know him IRL, he might be a bit disappointed if I quit. He does seem to know his stuff quite well, and is apparently good at the game, although a bit cocky. It's just that these missions start as oppurtunites to earn lots of money, and end as oppurtunites to get killed.

DudeItsMe said:
He does seem to know his stuff quite well, and is apparently good at the game, although a bit cocky.

It doesn't matter how good he is on his own. He keeps letting you die, so his expertise is of 0 help to you. Tell him you need to get a better start before you tackle the same missions he goes on. Find some people who are good team players and willing to train you and keep you from getting blown up for a while.

I've never played EVE, but these things should work pretty much the same in all multiplayer games.

EVE is awsome but dumb people people put a kink in the game.. To be half way effective you need at least 1.2mil SP. To be realistic you need close to 2.2SP. That will take about two months.

Back