Lamborghini Reveals New Hybrid Concept Car

Wow, they're like waaay behind the rest of the world. There have been hybrid cars forever and these people are only just starting to make a concept car? LOL...they could just, IDK, buy one from anywhere. How are they even in business?

Good god you've finally lost it.

Good god you've finally lost it.

Well, I did spend time this morning looking in my dresser for the right pair of socks to wear to work, but I found them so it's pretty obvious I didn't lose them. Maybe misplaced...maaaybe.

Why are they advertising that it can get up to 78mph on only electric if the electric motors are pumping out 300 horsepower. Should be able to get up to 160mph on only electric, no?

May have something to do with aerodynamics, too much load on the electric motor. In any case it doesn't seem to matter anymore. Seems the car will not be made, if it is it would be a V12 only from the Aventador, which would make less hp, less torque and and, imo, a V10 always sounds better.

He made the same points I did up top about it not competing with the recent hybrid hyper cars and this concept being more of a cruiser. I see how the CEO would be miffed about the company making the car a hybrid, doing all the R&D etc without ever having an intent for it to go into production. I think a car like this in hybrid form would sell like hotcakes and is a necessary step in the product line seeing as the EU is clamping down on emissions soon enough. Looks like the hybrid system will go into their planned SUV. :(

Back