Lair + Time Crysis - PS3

Adionik

[H]ard|Gawd
OMFG the controls are horrible! I thought the box looked really cool...and I was expecting it to be a great game from all the reviews on here. But after an hour or so, I gave up. I just couldn't get it down...the controls are way out of whack.

And as far as time crysis 4 being able to be used on a 50' tv...well that is better on paper than actuality. Doesn't work that well on my tv. :( Very inaccurate. Even after several calibrations.

I highly reccomend not even renting these games...

I have always disliked any time crisis game....except for in putt-putt...but thats about it lol

I like how you made it seem like you bought it because the box looked cool....lol maybe that should be a new tip for game developers "Just make the box look cool and some more dorks will buy it" lol jk with ya!

For Lair, I've read that you absolutley must play through the tutorials before trying the SP campaign. Or maybe it's just PS3 lovers deseperate to defend a crappy game. :D I'll know eventually, since I plan to rent it.

I actually rented Lair to see what all the talk was about. And, to be honest the game was not THAT bad. I heard the controls were horrendous, but to be honest they weren't that bad. I enjoyed the game.

^^ Yep. Its very easy to control in Lair. You'd have to suck at games to not be able to. The game has other issues, controls are not one of them to me.

You picked 2 of the worst games on the PS3. And im one to defend the PS3 at any point, but yeah, total crap.

I was disappointed that Time Crisis got bad reviews, i was hoping for at least mediocre reviews because i wanted an excuse to have a Guncon 3

Pick up Gundam for the PS3. You'll be happy then

:D:p

just incase...don't. That's a joke. Pick up Uncharted, Ratchet, Resistance or Motorstorm.

Pick up Gundam for the PS3. You'll be happy then

:D:p

just incase...don't. That's a joke. Pick up Uncharted, Ratchet, Resistance or Motorstorm.

lol.. stay away to any Gundam game.. but ya, what he said.. pick up Uncharted, Ratchet, or even Ninja Gaiden Sigma..

I loved time crisis in the arcade, and I really wanted to get this. Was going to wait until you could buy a seperate guncon, but maybe I'll hold off until i can try it somewhere. I really miss gun games.

I have a friend that got Time Crisis 4 and she loves it. I haven't played part 4 but I've played 1 - 3 in the arcades. I still have TC 1 for the PS1 and the guncon.

^^ Yep. Its very easy to control in Lair. You'd have to suck at games to not be able to. The game has other issues, controls are not one of them to me.

I'm not that bad at games at all. But the controls really sucked. Bad.

I beat uncharted...i loved that game. It looked beautiful and the controls were awesome.

I am going to pick up Assassins Creed...

Yeah, what's the deal with Time Crisis? I've played the games in the arcade and if that's your thing, I guess they were good gun-style games. I prefer the House of the Dead, but TC was kinda fun after a few drinks. Back when my wife and I were first dating I think we dropped $15-20 trying to win #4 at Dave & Busters.
Is the PS3 a bad port with issues or did people just not like the game in general?

For Lair, I've read that you absolutley must play through the tutorials before trying the SP campaign. Or maybe it's just PS3 lovers deseperate to defend a crappy game. :D I'll know eventually, since I plan to rent it.
If it weren't for the fact that it came out at a time when no other PS3 exclusives were available....I don't think anyone would be defending that game. Thank god I only rented it because the controls really ARE that bad..

I have no real complaints with time crysis, other than the fact that it did NOT calibrate correctly with my 50" plasma. I had some real off shooting. I tried everything I could, believe me I toggled with it for a while.

I'm not sure if these programmers are getting lazy, but they really need to work on graphics. For lair, the box looked really cool. Great job marketing. But for actual game graphics, i'm sorry...it couldn't compare to anything. Maybe uncharted was just a GORGEOUS game that really impressed me graphically.

TC was okay. I absolutely sucked at the "FPS" mode. It's hard to walk around and shoot with that gun con. But atleast it's an actual gun, not a strap on like the stupid Wii blaster.

If Lair had been a proper launch game it would have had better reviews. By the time it finally came out, expectations were high. People were chomping at the bit for a new AAA exclusive game and when it turned out to have some big flaws it was diced to pieces. Launch games are usually over reviewed. PD0 got mostly 9s IIRC. :rolleyes:

But it's ridiculous seeing crappy sonic games getting 8s and Lair only 5s. The graphics alone make it worth a rental. There are far worse games out on both systems.

If it weren't for the fact that it came out at a time when no other PS3 exclusives were available....I don't think anyone would be defending that game. Thank god I only rented it because the controls really ARE that bad..

Yeah, they are bad. If you suck at games. :eek: It had a problem with low frames, and a poor lock on target at times, but controls werent a problem. I rented it first, because of all the bad reviews. (oddly enough, most user comments are positive, far more so than reviews) I was amazed at how easy it is to fly, and think its funny that people suck too much to not be able to well. It has one of the best soundtracks in a long time, a good story, fun and different missions, and good graphics. Yet a lot of people wont give it a try, due to bad reviews. Which are due to their inability to control well.

Not more of the game reviewers just suck at games excuse. You know most of them have been playing games awhile, and appreciate a difficult game. Most of the hard games I've played have gotten fairly good reviews.

Have you ever played a difficult game? Falcon 4.0, Lock On, Longbow, Dangerous Waters, etc.

I didn't really like Lair but I didn't hate it. Good thing I got it for free :)

Haven't played TC4 but I plan on it

Not more of the game reviewers just suck at games excuse. You know most of them have been playing games awhile, and appreciate a difficult game. Most of the hard games I've played have gotten fairly good reviews.

Have you ever played a difficult game? Falcon 4.0, Lock On, Longbow, Dangerous Waters, etc.

You arent comparing the same things. A difficult game, and a brand new way to control in a game, are not the same. They complained about not being able to control in the game, when it is so easy.

Yeah, they are bad. If you suck at games. :eek: It had a problem with low frames, and a poor lock on target at times, but controls werent a problem. I rented it first, because of all the bad reviews. (oddly enough, most user comments are positive, far more so than reviews) I was amazed at how easy it is to fly, and think its funny that people suck too much to not be able to well. It has one of the best soundtracks in a long time, a good story, fun and different missions, and good graphics. Yet a lot of people wont give it a try, due to bad reviews. Which are due to their inability to control well.

If you want to be loyal and all to a game that probably belongs in the $9.99 bin of gamestop, that's fine. But i'd appreciate it if you'd stop inferring that i'm a shitty gamer because I didn't like the whack ass controls of Lair. There's obviously an accuracy problem.

If you like looking as though you're having a seizure just trying to get the godamn dragon to turn left, well my hats off to you.

The controls were not extremely hard, mind you, but stupid enough to the point where they didn't make the game enjoyable.

Time Crisis works fine for me on my new plasma, plays and looks exactly like the arcade minus the foot pedal.

Are people trying to use the Sixaxis to play Time Crisis instead of the light gun?

If you want to be loyal and all to a game that probably belongs in the $9.99 bin of gamestop, that's fine. But i'd appreciate it if you'd stop inferring that i'm a shitty gamer because I didn't like the whack ass controls of Lair. There's obviously an accuracy problem.

If you like looking as though you're having a seizure just trying to get the godamn dragon to turn left, well my hats off to you.

The controls were not extremely hard, mind you, but stupid enough to the point where they didn't make the game enjoyable.

Im not loyal to any game, just pointing out the obvious. If you cant control well in Lair, you are not good. Simple as that. There is no accuracy problem. You just cant wave it around crazy like. Which sounds like your problem.

It doesnt look like Im having a seizure (speaking of inferring)controlling the game, not even close. A slight tilt of the controller, and it turns. There are plenty of videos showing how easy it is. Dont like the truth? Sorry to hurt your feelings, but there it is.

Just got my copy of Lair in the mail a few days ago (Gamefly) and this is basically a Star Wars Rouge Squadron meets dragons. There are a few things that are done differently, but if I didn't know Factor 5 made it, I would have guessed it. Not that this is a bad thing, for I liked Rouge Squadron games.

As for controls, it can be done, but it’s not really enjoyable. Sure I can compete the missions, sure the games look sweet, but I have to sit up-right and not all lazy like :p and sometimes my wrists start to hurt from all the movements I have to do. If this game provided an analog option it would be sooo much better. I realize they are trying to show off the SIXAXIS, but that should have been an option instead of being mandatory. Its not that I'm bad at using it, it's just that I'd rather use the motion sensing for other things.

Flying around should of been done using the analog, left stick, and right stick for looking around. SIXAXIS should have been used more in the same way that it was used in Folklore. When you jump to other dragons, it would have been more fun to lock on, and then pull the controller to you to pull yourself to the other dragons. But overall it’s a cool game and worth the rental if you think you can handle the controls. My friend gave up on it and said he rather just watch me play.

Can't comment on TC4

I just got done beating a couple games this week. Heavenly Sword is fucking bad ass. From graphics, to the acting, cinematic and end boss (end boss was really fucking fun).. downside was how long it was... but that’s ok, it was just was just a rental.

I just beat Assassins Creed, I really enjoyed this also, can't wait for the next installments.

Also beat Uncharted, ... yes, this game owns.

Now I just need to beat Lair to send it back and check out COD4 :)

It's TIME CRISIS NOT TIME CRYSIS OMFG
I can see this misspell being in some guys scanned english paper.

Im not loyal to any game, just pointing out the obvious. If you cant control well in Lair, you are not good. Simple as that. There is no accuracy problem. You just cant wave it around crazy like. Which sounds like your problem.

It doesnt look like Im having a seizure (speaking of inferring)controlling the game, not even close. A slight tilt of the controller, and it turns. There are plenty of videos showing how easy it is. Dont like the truth? Sorry to hurt your feelings, but there it is.

There IS an accuracy problem. There is way too much play in the controls. It's tedious to have to use, like another poster said, the six axis for everything.

I thought the game could've been much better done and the graphics were really nothing to talk about.

Negative. No accuracy problems. I had zero problems with it, my 57 year old father-in-law beat it as well, easily. Didnt complain. My 9 year old daughter is half was thru it, not hard for her either. So I guess you fall behind them. Its ok though, dont be too upset. :D

/out

Time Crisis 4 is a Brilliant game, absolutely loving it! If you like light gun games like, house of the dead, time crisis series, avp etc and you have a ps3 youll love this and i reccommend you buy this now!.I didnt have any problems with calibrating at all, maybe its because im using a 32" TV, Im absolutely loving it, i cant see why people are saying its a terrible game, its arade perfect with a ton of extras. I think some of the reviewers had a rushed play of this game, for example in places where you have to point the gun to the left of the screen to switch view, reviewers were saying this was very anooying to control, yet they didnt say you could simply just use the guncons front analogue stick to turn! and having a reticle would make the game too easy! The only thing that would make it 9/10 for me would be recoil. I think this game is gonna finally make me get a 40" lcdtv!

Time Crisis 4 is a Brilliant game, absolutely loving it! If you like light gun games like, house of the dead, time crisis series, avp etc and you have a ps3 youll love this and i reccommend you buy this now!.I didnt have any problems with calibrating at all, maybe its because im using a 32" TV, Im absolutely loving it, i cant see why people are saying its a terrible game, its arade perfect with a ton of extras. I think some of the reviewers had a rushed play of this game, for example in places where you have to point the gun to the left of the screen to switch view, reviewers were saying this was very anooying to control, yet they didnt say you could simply just use the guncons front analogue stick to turn! and having a reticle would make the game too easy! The only thing that would make it 9/10 for me would be recoil. I think this game is gonna finally make me get a 40" lcdtv!

I wonder how it would play on my 90" projector....

Back