Lagging graphics during live broadcast

Bob002

Gawd
So, I'm doing live broadcasts of an amateur MMA show. I'm trying to do live graphics, but they always seem to lag out, skip through, and look like ass when I try to play them through Wirecast.

My computer is slightly dated at this piont (just over 3 years old), but I think the RAM is my biggest holdback at 4GB.

Using this video card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150455

Processor is Xeon 3440 quad core on a gigabyte board. Would you start with more RAM?

It's easy to tell if you need more ram. Open task manager and look at the memory utilization. Move it to another monitor, or put it in the background and do what you're trying to do. After a few minutes, flip back to task manager. What is the peak usage of memory?

If you think it's a system resource, then you're best bet is to fire up pefmon and find what resource is causing the problem.

Is the stream encoded on the machine your doing the graphics on? Are you using h/w accelerated encoding or software based?

My computer tends to slow down a lot during lengthy sessions online. Is there a way to speed it back up without having to restart the whole system?

Back