Lack of AA or is there something else?

/337

Limp Gawd
So I have the original 360 with component cables and a 50 inch plasma supporting 720P/1080I. I've had problems in certain games like Halo3 or yesterday BF1943 that when I turn slightly I see edges that are not smooth. In battlefield the trees look all fragmented and stuff is shiny. What could be causing this? Am I so used to having AA and AF on PC games that 360 games do not? Is it my 360? My friend was telling me if I had a 360 with HDMI it would give a better picture and get rid of what I'm seeing, but I'm not so sure. I have the HD set to 720P.

I had a hard time adjusting to 360 graphics also since it's hooked up to my 24 inch PC monitor, and I sit quite close to it. Games like Halo 3 have horrible AA compared to PC games. It's just the way the system runs.

Keep in mind at 50" your going to see that type of stuff more. 1080p games would likely help out a lot for a screen that big.

Your best bet is trying more games. There's certainly a bunch of demos you could test with.

That said, just like bigdogchris mentioned... at 50" in 720p you're going to see every little flaw anyway.

Doesn't the HDMI cable over the component cable help with texture clarity though?

I wouldnt expect BF1943 to have great graphics. I just watched the trailer and the graphics looked like CoD 2. It is an arcade game after all. Try other games. BORROW Far Cry 2 from a friend if you can, that has smooth graphics FWIR. World at War also looks pretty smooth.

Fable 2 anyone? That game sucks so bad in graphics department. No wonder they didn't want to port it to PC... And yeah, even on 42" LCD graphics in some x360 games is so crappy.

i would say nearly half of 360/ps3 games run at 720p natively nevermind 1080p. take GTA4 and COD4 for example. both dont run at 720p ironicly :(

Only way to play some of these consoles games at 1080p natively is if you buy the pc version of the game. Thats the problem with static hardware found on consoles. there is always a limit in how much you can do with its hardware

i would say nearly half of 360/ps3 games run at 720p natively nevermind 1080p. take GTA4 and COD4 for example. both dont run at 720p ironicly :(

Only way to play some of these consoles games at 1080p natively is if you buy the pc version of the game. Thats the problem with static hardware found on consoles. there is always a limit in how much you can do with its hardware

half? it's more like 98% that don't run at 1080p natively.

Given there are something like 30 1080p games on consoles this gen... and over 1000 games released in total it's more like 99.7% of games. :D

The large majority of 360/PS3 games this generation do not have AA or AF.

Back