LaCie CRT any good?

GN85

Limp Gawd
Ok, so I gave up on trying to find a Mitsubishi/NEC Diamondtron. Recently I've been looking at the LaCie Electron Blue monitors. Has anyone owned one of these? How good are they? I've been looking for reviews on the net, but haven't found much. I'm looking for a monitor that would be as good as my 930SB.

There's a Mitsubishi 2070SB (the same CRT I own) on the 'bay right now. (I can't personally vouch for the seller, use your own discretion, et cetera.) I can't add anything useful about LaCie's CRTs...

Ive been using my dads old electron blue 22" for a couple years and I'm sure that when he bought it it was the top of line, in terms of professional geared image quality. I will be moving on to LCD soon, but yeah it is a very solid monitor.

Have an Electron Blue IV, it does the job. .24dp and runs 1600x1200@85hz all day, or 1280x1024@100hz. Sharp as any CRT can be, beats the hell out of anything Viewsonic produced at the time (P95f+ was aweful, where did they source the tube??).

I have personally tried many Diamondtrons and Trinitrons and I like the Trinitrons a lot better. The text on them is almost always sharper, the colors almost always look better and they rarely drift in focus like the diamondtrons tend to do. PLUS if you get a Windas interface cablle you can make the picture a lot better and fix many problems that will extend the life of your Trinitron. Diamondtrons have a service menu that can help a little but its nowhere near as good as Windas.

If i were you i'd hunt down a Sony G520 or equivalent.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try to get a trinitron, Toompra, but I have to make sure it's barely used, I need one that will last me many years, cause LCDs just don't do the job for me (design work, gaming). I just jumped on a 19 inch electron blue on ebay, says 300 hours of usage, but I'll probably keep shopping :p

Back