Lacie 5big nas

StefanPeeters

Weaksauce
Hi everyone,

A friend gave me a Lacie 5big nas but I don't seem to get it to work. When I turn the device on the led on the frond one short time blue followed by 2 x 2 short red blinks.
When I press the led button I get blue blinks and I hear the disks starting up. After the blue blinks (30/40 seconds) I get fast short red blinks. I googled and I want to reset the nas but seem to be able to do that.
Is there enyone who has experienced the same problem and has the solution to this? Please let me know. I don't know the ip address of the device.

Thank you

Ok so some quick google-foo...
The firmware for the NAS is stored on the actual drives themselves. Does the nas have drive in it?
I found this: Led Indicators - Lacie 5big - Network NAS Server User Manual [Page 57] that has some LED codes and it looks like it could be your fans?
It also appears there is a network utility which can be downloaded and used to locate/update the unit.

I'd start with a factory reset probably using the utility Lacie provides, then open it up and see what's going on inside. I had some Lacie products over the years and really haven't been impressed.

Lacie products are a big meh. Try what scobar stated above and if it doesnt work out just toss it.

Hi,

I got drives in it. I think the software got corrupted somehow. I can't access the nas by GUI. I guess I have to install the software again but don't know if I can get it somewhere?
The network utility doesn't seem to find the nas either.

As stated before the firmware is installed onto the drives themselves so until you reflash new firmware=no gui.

There should be some sort of a reset to reset the network. Once you do this the util should pick it up. If it is a static IP on a whole other subnet, the util does nothing.

So:
Reset network on NAS
Use util to locate NAS, if windows turn off your firewall, may need to run util by right-click run as admin, or user older OS
Flash firmware
Profit.

Back