L90D+ Dead on Arrival?

ScretHate

[H]ard|Gawd
I just received this monitor, plugged it in, powered it up, and it will only cycle through four screens: white, bright white, black, and RGB. I tried calling Hyundai customer support and they could not help me and were in fact quite rude. Can anyone help me out here?

I bought it through newegg, by the way.

ScretHate said:
And newegg doesn't RMA monitors.
why not. if the monitor doesn't work, they'll give you a replacement. you're mistaking it for their 8 or more dead pixel policy i think.

Should've but didn't. Doesn't help me much, anyhow.

Does anyone know how to detach the base, so I can ship it back to them?

i dont have the issue that you do but all i can say is hyundai customer service sucks ass in usa.

it took a while to get my first replacement and the person on the phone stunk.

and they never followed up on my numerous requests to rma the replacement which was supposed to be hand tested, but apparently was drop shipped new from some other retailer. so i just dealt with it and kept this one. atleast it doesnt have dead pixels and after a while i didnt even notice the color shifting issue that i saw on both monitors.

ScretHate said:
And newegg doesn't RMA monitors. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
If its defective Newegg should have no problem taking it back or exchanging.

I am not certain, but I think they do RMA monitors, just that they charge a restocking fee for non-defective returns. They have "refurbished" LCD monitors in their refurbished section (refurbished=returned items), so they have to take something back.

Back