L4D2 preorder bonus

dr.stevil

[H]F Junkie
You get a hat for TF2 lol Wasn't expecting that.

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3045

BillsHat.jpg

ha yeah i just played a round wearing this hat. it's Bill's hat (from L4D1).

I'm tempted to preorder solely because it mimics the hat I wear to work every day.

The kids on the Steam TF2 forum are all whining about this. It's like they've never seen a pre-order bonus.

The kids on the Steam TF2 forum are all whining about this. It's like they've never seen a pre-order bonus.

Steam forums are awash with idiots. They'll moan at everything and anything.

It's another nice idea from Valve and shows that you're supporting L4D 2 despite all the negativity that surrounds the release.

It's another nice idea from Valve and shows that you're supporting L4D 2 despite all the negativity that surrounds the release.

It's underhanded, ingratiating marketing bollocks, an incentive to encourage people to pre-order the game in response to the objections about the game being a superficial DLC addon-pack. They know that the one thing most people want in TF2 is a cool-looking hat, and they're savvy enough to capitalise on it.

That said, the Steam forums are full of mongoloids, yes. This is not an act of benevolence, though. They know it'll make them money.

Because they preordered the game...

lol x2

I found out the same way. Was playing TF2 and bam, was awarded a new hat... had no idea that it was because of the pre-order. I actually felt bad as I've been awarded quite a lot of hats since they added it to the game (compared to some that have yet to find a single one :( )

Because they preordered the game...

Oooh I would've figured it'd just appeared when they started up the game. Thought it was weird because they had been playing in the server for about 20 minutes before it happened.

While I agree the steam forum posts are mostly idiotic, I do have to disagree with your second point. People joined the L4D2 boycott because of lack of updates and content for the original L4D, them supporting L4D2 doesn't resolve peoples issue with the original, if anything it rubs it in our face more.

Back