L4D2 n NOLA

Why the hell is that crap in [H]'s sweet spot at the moment? Get that crap out of here.

Doesn't seem much different than the original. Not that that's a bad thing, but you wouldn't know it from reading the L4D2 thread in General Gaming.

I don’t know if I should be happy or mad. I love l4d but it seems a bit soon imo to basically kill pt 1. Although I must admit frying pans and chainsaws are always win.

I made my opinion clear in the thread in the games sub-forum. Unless this is a value deal, I'll pass.

Why don't you like L4D?

Oh, I like L4D, but I already loathe L4D 2. The ONLY REASON I paid $45 for L4D was because of how extraordinarily well Valve supported Team Fortress 2 and they all but stated that L4D would be receiving the same kind of support. If it wasn't for that "assurance", Left 4 Dead wasn't worth my $45 and it still has yet to.

The way it stands currently, it's like I paid $45 to play the Left 4 Dead 2 Beta.

It looks like they are changing the characters and doing a different environment. I hope they make it more diverse then the first though without losing the team play.

Why don't you like L4D?

Oh come on, that is not what the issue is here.

Valve released L4D not even a year ago for $50 with a relatively low amount of content. The game as fun but their really isn't much there and all we got so far is this survivor mode. They want to abandon L4D and put out L4D 2 already instead of adding campaigns to the original? That is completely uncharacteristic of Valve, they generally don't shaft us like all these other developers. The SDK for L4D isn't even out yet!

The content in L4D2 looks like a DLC that someone decided to turn into a sequel so they could make a bunch of money on something that should of been free.

Not only that, but a sequel to a game that isn't even a year old and there is still no HL2 Episode 3.

Release day purchase for sure. I have gotten way more playtime out of Left 4 Dead than just about every other game purchase in the past few years.

Adding insult to injury is of course Killing Floor which has essentially cut what little play-time I allotted to L4D's Survival Mode to basically zero.

Valve released L4D not even a year ago for $50 with a relatively low amount of content. The game as fun but their really isn't much there and all we got so far is this survivor mode. They want to abandon L4D and put out L4D 2 already instead of adding campaigns to the original? That is completely uncharacteristic of Valve, they generally don't shaft us like all these other developers. The SDK for L4D isn't even out yet!

The content in L4D2 looks like a DLC that someone decided to turn into a sequel so they could make a bunch of money on something that should of been free.

Not only that, but a sequel to a game that isn't even a year old and there is still no HL2 Episode 3.

bold statement when not alot of info has been released.
IF major game mechanics have changed then it warrants being its own game (the whole scripted events for starters is pointing toward warrant new game)

IF major game mechanics have changed then it warrants being its own game (the whole scripted events for starters is pointing toward warrant new game)

Nothing that couldn't be fixed with a patch.

We'll wait and see but I seriously doubt this game will warrant a $50 price tag.

Adding insult to injury is of course Killing Floor which has essentially cut what little play-time I allotted to L4D's Survival Mode to basically zero.

Heh, yeah. I bought L4D basically specifically for Survival Mode, then got Killing Floor a couple weeks later and I've not really touched L4D on PC. Just 360 so far.

Let's not jump to conclusions... the planned release is still over six months away and a price hasn't even been announced. For all we know they might offer this for like $10 to those who already own L4D.

]Let's not jump to conclusions... the planned release is still over six months away and a price hasn't even been announced.[/B] For all we know they might offer this for like $10 to those who already own L4D.

Exactly, everyone needs to STFUK. Personally, I can't wait, and who knows, maybe new campaigns are still planned for the original L4D, I doubt it, but its possible.

Personally, I can't wait. I don't know about you but I sure got WAY MORE than my $50 worth out of the original L4D, limited amount of content or not.

Valve was testing the waters with L4D. You know, small group of people, setting out to kill some zombies... seem pretty different then anything else.

L4D2 looks like it has some story behind it now with this video... kinda like TF2 was w/ their "Meet the" vids. Also has the chainsaw, etc, bigger looking city type map... might actually buy this.

Left 4 Dead with new skins. I'm not paying $50 for this. I'd rather pay $20 for Killing Floor. Where the hell is Half Life 2: Episode 3 & Portal 2? :confused:

Just think how much all those WoW players have paid for their game in the amount of time you enjoyed this one. You should be glad they aren't charging $15/mo, plus expansions, right? ;)

Valve was testing the waters with L4D. You know, small group of people, setting out to kill some zombies... seem pretty different then anything else.

And Team Fortress 2 without any patches was...? Seriously, the amount of mechanics in TF2 that have been notably reworked- Spies being able to recharge their cloak via ammo boxes/dropped weapons, upgradable Dispensers/Teleporters, Pyro compression air blast, etc... Then consider the three game modes that have been added to Team Fortress 2 and the sizable amount of (mostly) high-quality maps. Then further consider the class packs and well... Left 4 Dead 2 doesn't really add much.

Melee weapons... Team Fortress 2 is giving each class at least three new weapons- if Valve really wanted to do that in L4D, no issue there, but am kinda meh on melee weapons in L4D atm... seems more like they just played Killing Floor, liked the Berserker Perk, and decided they wanted to toss that into L4D whether it fit or not but the jury's still out on that. New enemy types... Valve is still talking about adding more classes to TF2 after the current class packs are done- nevermind that some of the weapons sizably alter how certain classes play (most notably the Sniper's Huntsman). Changing weather... Arena_Sawmill just added weather effects to TF2 so... The only real substantial addition they've talked about at all so far is spacial control over the levels but once again it doesn't warrant a full sequel... if anything it seems more of an evolutionary patch like the Spy's ability to recharge his cloak via ammo boxes.

Comes down to that I paid $20 for TF2 and ever since the release of Gold Rush/Payload and even just the first three class packs would gladly have paid $40 or $50 for it. So when Valve indicated that L4D would be treated similarly, paying $45 up-front didn't seem like a bad idea. Well, with L4D 2 coming out just a year later and L4D currently collecting virtual cobwebs on Steam...

Left 4 Dead with new skins. I'm not paying $50 for this. I'd rather pay $20 for Killing Floor. Where the hell is Half Life 2: Episode 3 & Portal 2? :confused:

Then do that and STFU. Vote with your wallet. We need to start doing two threads on games. Here is the Whiners thread link, and here are the people that would like to ACTUALLY Discuss it.

QFT. Killing Floor is the only zombie game we play nowadays. A lot better value-to-content ratio than L4D could ever hope to be (if you paid $50 for L4D, that is). Plus it has flamethrowers. L4D should have had flamethrowers. :mad:

:cool:

This smacks of Microsoft's involvement.

L4D hit bigger then Valve expected. They purposely kept the scope small and had some ideas to update it. Microsoft saw a big success on their console, that wasn't on their competitor's so... Some money changed hands and Microsoft has another de-facto exclusive for their console.

PC players get the SDK and mod support that quite frankly could fairly easily match what we have seen of the sequel.

So I'm guessing Valve is cashin in on Microsoft wanting to capitalize on the first games success and turn it into a quick sequel. 360 gamers don't have an SDK and so a sequel is really the only way Microsoft will let this amount of content. Valve will take the money and use it to support ongoing development of Half Life, Team Fortress, etc.

Long story short: this is a console title, to appease Microsoft, probably at great financial gain to Valve that would have been foolish for them to turn down. Something PC gamers should largely ignore as it's not meant for us? I mean, Valve doing a sequel in 12months? Valve? The next "episode" of Half life has almost taken twice as long with no announcement of a release date yet.

That is the only sense I can make of it at least. *shrugs*.

Eh I don't really care... the amount of money I've spent on Valve games vs. the amount of entertainment I've gotten out of them can let me forgive L4D for not being "as time consuming" as TF2 or HL2 / HL and it's mod's...

I'll have this on pre-order, just like any other Valve game... :)

Instead of working on schlock zombie until you are dead games, how about working on getting us Portal once and for all with delicious cake?

Just to piss all the whiners off, I am going to go play a round right now and have a ton of fun! :p

Eh I don't really care... the amount of money I've spent on Valve games vs. the amount of entertainment I've gotten out of them can let me forgive L4D for not being "as time consuming" as TF2 or HL2 / HL and it's mod's...

I'll have this on pre-order, just like any other Valve game... :)

exactly, i think people just got too spoiled with Valve supporting their games
atleast wait for more details before you start going crazy

i only recently took notice of L4D. thought, meh zombie shooter, yawn. and i don't like zombie movies either, dumb as hell. then i saw it for 29 bucks and grabbed it (the weekend after it was on steam for 14 or so grr). now i'm addicted. hell yea @ L4D2. a bit of a story that links the 4 areas into one campaign would have been cool, but that's ok as it is.

The other problem I saw is that L4D is not as much fun in Pubs... it is an awesome LAN game to play with friends, or to play online with friends... but it is a terrible pub game. TF2 you can pick up anytime and join a game, you can still have fun and teamwork isn't 100% required to have win or have fun. but with L4D you pretty much have to work as a team and coordinate...

Typically on the Xbox 360 you're going to be playing with friends, makes it a better platform for L4D to be honest...

I think its too early for a second one. But i'll still play it xD
7221e5c8ec6b08ef6d3f9ff3ce6eb1d1.gif

I have not been a beacon of integrity when it comes to paying for games, that being said, I will purchase this game on launch day. I tried L4D before I bought it and I have not regretting a single penny of the purchasing price. I have had literally hundreds of hours of entertainment from the original game. Game studios that put forward quality deserve to be rewarded with cash. Studios that put forward efforts like Saint's Row 2 and Battlestations Pacific don't deserve a single penny.

Where'd you get that idea? They never said they'd abandon it. Valve will continue to update and support L4D.

For what? Another five months? They're also talking about including L4D in L4D 2 so... Seems like they're going to be shifting their support to that. Team Fortress 2 is still getting updates and it's been more than a year.

aggies though had a good point w/the SDK vs. lack of SDK- I mean, if someone just linked me to the current videos (excluding the trailer since that is not in-game- and there are plenty of in-game videos for anyone who wants to start trying to disagree with that, in-game videos of the PC version no less) and screenshots without telling me what they're for, I'd think them to be not much more than a budding mod. The graphical quality from what I've seen so far definitely seems to have dropped in comparison to L4D... Not to mention that Rochelle looks exactly like a reskinned Zoey...

fuck yea! L4D is the funnest game ever! I'm totally buying this shit! All of you whiners can suck it!

Cry some more, jeez...

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this game at E3 tomorrow, and I can't wait for the final. Versus mode playing as Infected is just the best.

I lost track of the hours I spent playing L4D. I'd have liked to have seen some more maps released, but I'm also interested to see how this squeal pans out, what all they do with it. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Back