L4D Noob Questions

kilgore777

Gawd
First, please excuse my ignorance about this L4D (and my ignorance in general!;))

How long are the games?

What happens if a player leaves early... are the replaced with another player or a bot?

Can you play without a complete team?

Are you assigned to a character or can you somehow choose (both player and infected).

Do you have to use a microphone.... or does everyone usually? I am asking, because I can't, and I find people's voices in games sometimes really annoying.....

When you play the infected, do you earn points? If so, how does that work? Or are you just trying to make the other team fail?

Can "Director" work against you if you do really well? Can it really ramp up the difficulty?

I know.... what a noob. I am just trying to figure out if this game is for me....

If anyone else has any other dumb questions, please feel free to post them.

Thanks!:)

If a player leaves a match, that character is seamlessly replaced by AI, at which point a new player can join the server and take the character over again. So while you can play without 4 players - there will always be a "complete team" in the game, AI or otherwise.

In the lobby before the match starts you can choose who you want to play as from 4 predetermined characters. While playing on the zombie side you do not get to choose which Infected you get to control, the Director will choose for you. I believe this is to help preserve balance.

Each match consists of each team playing both the Survivors and Infected sides. The team that makes it the furthest while playing as the Survivors wins the match. So as Infected your goal is to just stop the Survivors from progressing through the level.

I really want to buy this game also, however my impression from the 360 demo wasn't too great but I'm hoping the PC will be better with the ability to improve the game based on mods/maps.

I'm going to wait and see if people decide to mod this game.......add COD4 style weapons/characters......or something. I'm hesitant to buy a zombie game because CS:source showed me that a zombie style game gets boring after a while if your group/team are retards.

As long as your teammates dont tk you all the time, what they do does not really affect how fun the game is online. Its fun when they teamplay, but its also kinda fun when a n00b runs up the stays blindly and attracts a horde of zombies that you have to fight off haha.

Not sure on the versus mode, but the worst part about Zombie mod for CS:S(other then the lack of non-unlimitted ammo servers) was the humans who intentionally would break your barricade down either trying to get in, or just to get you killed.

If you're playing coop pick the Obama character if you can, white shirt = less teammates shooting you in the buttocks.

Back