L4D melee update saved verses for me

stevedave

Supreme [H]ardness
Just played L4D verses this weekend for the first time in a long time and they added a melee limit which has very muched helped the game.

Put in about 8 hours Friday all good games on good servers about 8 hours Saturday all good games all good server, but all day Sunday had issues with servers and people playing only the infected then quiting.

Still has some major issues but that melee limit has improved the game enough to get me back into the verses. If anyone quit playing because of this give it another shot.

It's versus, not verses ... verses have to do with poetry and really have no business being in same sentence as Left 4 Dead. ;)

/grammar nazi crusade

It's versus, not verses ... verses have to do with poetry and really have no business being in same sentence as Left 4 Dead. ;)

/grammar nazi crusade

then you have never been told the many verses of my legendary smoking, it is pure poetry in a violent bondage type of way.

hmm...perhaps ill give this another chance. the game still needs some way to make playing survivor actual FUN instead of a chore...

hmm...perhaps ill give this another chance. the game still needs some way to make playing survivor actual FUN instead of a chore...

The Melee update makes it harder to be the survivor if you didn't like it before you won't like it now. I must be a crazy person but I like being the survivor just as much as the infected.

Right click is still the redeemer and the counter to most attacks. Retreat is almost impossible if you get hit by melee. I would have liked to see some other gameplay aspects thrown in besides, "Right click to disable enemy or save teammate!"

Right click is still the redeemer and the counter to most attacks. Retreat is almost impossible if you get hit by melee. I would have liked to see some other gameplay aspects thrown in besides, "Right click to disable enemy or save teammate!"

this is true but at least they can only do it 5 times in a row before they have to charge it. I'm sure there will be more updates to limit it's power

I noticed this too when playing over the weekend, it's a great fix.

It's slowed down a little, but if you don't hold right click then you'll be fine. Plus, is it really necessary for it stun, knock back, blind, and damage all while knocking you off the person you're attacking? Not to mention the lack of friendly fire on melee and the lack of friendly fire on survivors who are pinned or being strangled.

ya i logged on to play a little bit yest and I definatley like this idea... I think they need to make more levels open for VS play... it gets boring playing 2 levels over and over... reason why I quit mainly

ya i logged on to play a little bit yest and I definatley like this idea... I think they need to make more levels open for VS play... it gets boring playing 2 levels over and over... reason why I quit mainly

You do know more levels are coming very soon?

no the fix is only for versus.

when you enter a level you can vote to go to death toll and dead air. It's a little glitchy but all levels are playable in versus.

no more melee forcefields?
one melee swing instantly generates a 360 bubble in 3d around the player making them INVINCIBLE!!!

between this and atrocious server lag, I stopped playing

Valve really needs to throw some support behind this game; I feel almost ripped off at this point.

The amount of time between updates is ridiculous -- no new campaign maps yet? I liked the game.... but there simply was not enough content to really keep it alive to me.

Valve really needs to throw some support behind this game; I feel almost ripped off at this point.

The amount of time between updates is ridiculous -- no new campaign maps yet? I liked the game.... but there simply was not enough content to really keep it alive to me.

There's an update coming in a few days. They are adding the "Survivor" mode and I think the other 2 maps for VS.

Endless melee certainly made it not very fun to attack the survivors in certain levels. They'd just stack and melee til the cows come home. And that should be another fix...not being able to stand inside each other, it's so stupid.

Back