L4D and Mass effect weird graphics?

WhiteGuardian

Limp Gawd
I just got l4d and ME off of steam, and I notice the same thing in both games. The graphics looks like it's operating out of a TV that has slightly bad signals, like little dots all over. Is it suppose to be that way?

Actually the film grain in ME looked really good on a CRT. Now that I have an LCD, I also find it a little much.

The default amount of grain in L4D I found a little much, however after turning it down a little it looks great. For this type of game and the style they went with it works.

Just completely turn it off in Left 4 Dead in the options. The game looks so much better without it.

Off looks better, but imo, if you split the difference between the default and off, it does add a bit of ambiance. I eventually turned it all the way off to increase the sharpness of the image. Easier to identify my targets. With grain on Bill looks a little too much like an infected to me when all hell is breaking loose. I hate it when I am responsible for a FF incident. I seldom use the auto shotty on the harder difficulty settings because of Bill. ;)

Back