L Shaped PC work desk

Pivo504

2[H]4U
Ive been looking everywhere locally (office max/depot) but there is nothing that fits my requirements..I need a mouse keyboard shelf size of around 28 inch or more to fit both mouse/keyboard. Also I want the depth of the desk to be at least 24 inch so the monitor is not so close to me. I also need drawers for filing ect. & space to fit a printer which is why Im looking @ the L shaped desks What company makes quality desks for a reasonable price such as this bc nothing locally can meet these needs..?

Have you looked at Ikea?

I used a simple Galant desk for years before I ended up building my own desk to suit my specific desires.

Build your own? Extremely easy to do since it's an like shape.

Wouldn't you get the same result spray painting a cardboard box cut to shape?

I don't know why people give Ikea a hard time. Almost all of that shit is pretty damn solid.

http://www.bushfurniture.com/ProductFamily.aspx?pf=393&ProductSKU=WC81730&Finish=HansenCherry This is similar to what Im looking for. However this just looks ugly with the stupid feet, if it wasnt for that it would be perfect.

Those cabinets blocking up the sides are terrible for if you actually want to do some work on that desk. If you're just gonna be sitting at your computer in the middle, I guess that's OK.

the ikea desks w/ steel frames (galant/bekant) are awesome, check those out!

Good luck any furniture that is built for electronics sucks unless it is custom made. Sorry the furniture industry is full of luddites. I spent almost a year looking for an entertainment center in the end I had to build my own. If you see something you like and the only thing wrong is color you are lucky.

The best thing for a computer is a strait solid flat tables it seems to be the only thing a furniture maker will not royally screw up. All pull out trays will be too small for mouse and keyboard.

Wouldn't you get the same result spray painting a cardboard box cut to shape?

They have some pretty damn sturdy desks. My Jerker is still in perfect condition after ten years and just as many moves. Some of their products are flimsy, the Jerker and Galant definitely are not.

Back