kyle pwns ati hah nice job

Status
Not open for further replies.
^eMpTy^ said:
the 7800 is based on the 6800...just like almost every gpu is an extension of former technology...and yeah, agp 6800s had a bug with wmv9 acceleration...but that's a far cry from having multiple re-spins because they simply didn't work AT ALL...

comparing that bug in the 6800s to the delay of R520 is about like comparing a mountain to a molehill...

I wasn't comparing anything. Just pointing out the chip wasn't perfect right off the bat as you claim. Releasing broken hardware to the public surely is a class act according to you.

SuperGSR said:
So according to your line of thought: when AMD released the Athlon 64 they didn't design it, since it was "based" on the Athlon XP? If nvidia didn't design the chip who did? The thing didn't just pop up out of the silicon. Even if they didn't have to do _much_ design to get the 7800 out the door, they still designed the 6800 with enough flexability for it to be used as a model for the next gen... Funny how some people don't even think before they post...

Plain and simple, ATI made some mistakes.

NO COMPANY IS PERFECT, but the good companies own up to their mistakes and rectify them properly, not by trying to be sneaky and release their products to the entusiast hardware sites only (a.k.a newegg getting crossfire and nobody else). ATI is doing damage control now and will be doing damage control of the damage control soon if it doesn't blow the 7800 GTX away in single and crossfire.

Former 8500, 9700, and 9800xt owner, I've got a Quadro now and am hoping to be going back to ATI soon. Not sure if this will happen though.

Bravo!

My post was in response to Empty's. Please take some time to read it. And maybe even understand it, before you post your drivel.

101 said:
I read a PR this morning that said the xbox360 was going to launch on Nov. 22 with availability in early January.

Which is just barely acceptable until Sony or Nintendo have launch and availability happen at the same time. At which time it will become unacceptable.

xappie said:
Ok, if this is not meant to be derogatory, then what is the purpose of this statement? Are you just trying to say "ATI is a bunch of Candians in my book and always has been" ??? If that is the case, what would be the point of a statement like that?

Face it, you meant to be derogatory. Just admit it. I can handle it if you are anti-canadian - but don't try to hide it later.

I think AOL is a pretty shitty company, but I guess that is just because they are a bunch of damned yankees and always have been.... My point is there are friendly uses of the word "yankees", but there are unfriendly uses as well. Same with "canucks" - and it all has to do with how you phrase it, the tone of the conversation etc.

BTW 99.9999% of Canada is NOT responsible for how ATI runs its business.

qft!

kyle, you made a jackass comment. Maybe if Americans pulled their heads out of their own asses, they can realize there is more to this world the US of A

ivzk said:
I wasn't comparing anything. Just pointing out the chip wasn't perfect right off the bat as you claim. Releasing broken hardware to the public surely is a class act according to you.

the chip worked...as evidenced by it getting great reviews and selling like hotcakes...if you want to point out little bitty details and completely ignore the big picture that's fine...

and I was talking about the 7800gtx anyways, which doesn't have any bugs that I know about...but if you want to trace back its lineage and say it's broken because the first batches of agp 6800s had a bug...well that's fine...while you're at it...call me a slave owner...

:eek:

mjz_5 said:
qft!

kyle, you made a jackass comment. Maybe if Americans pulled their heads out of their own asses, they can realize there is more to this world the US of A

yeah there's more to the world than the USA...but it's just all the sucky stuff that we didn't feel like buying...;)

Digitalwanderer it makes me mad to see you stiring up trouble on another web site, and the circle jerk the folks over there are saying crap about the owners and posters of this web site.

I trust the integrity of this web site and think they have the best reviews anywhere .

Perhaps if Kyle had put this across in a Politically Correct way, there would not be half as many posts on this subject....

1. Dear Ati, we at HardOCP find it morally reprehensible to be uniquely placed at the forefront of ongoing media campaigns which puts our close relationship in jeopardy. We would be remiss if we didn't mention the fact that a general lack of supporting hardware from your esteemed company does not improve the financial outlook of our company.

2. Perhaps a review of the business procedures of the competition would, in our opinion, be a prudent move at this point.

3. We would encourage you to refrain from organized events that seem hasty in nature without supporting hardware.

4. We would like to recognize the efforts of the competition as they may be, again in our opinoion, of use to you.

I see it is harder writing a PC statement than just telling the truth as it is.

Everyone who hates america. Only hates us cause we are better than anyone else. :D :p ;)

You hate us cause we support your ass when your in trouble.

You Like us cause you make money off of us when your in trouble..

You know, i would like to see other countires try just for once to support their self...

And as for you Canuck's...You all need to shut up, cause it's us that protect your ass from any harm...

ScourggeFX said:
Perhaps if Kyle had put this across in a Politically Correct way, there would not be half as many posts on this subject....

1. Dear Ati, we at HardOCP find it morally reprehensible to be uniquely placed at the forefront of ongoing media campaigns which puts our close relationship in jeopardy. We would be remiss if we didn't mention the fact that a general lack of supporting hardware from your esteemed company does not improve the financial outlook of our company.

2. Perhaps a review of the business procedures of the competition would, in our opinion, be a prudent move at this point.

3. We would encourage you to refrain from organized events that seem hasty in nature without supporting hardware.

4. We would like to recognize the efforts of the competition as they may be, again in our opinoion, of use to you.

I see it is harder writing a PC statement than just telling the truth as it is.

Screw being Politically Correct...i'm tired of this easy way out i'm not to blame for anything i said politically correct SHIT!....shut up and lets get back on topic...

[RIP]Zeus said:
Everyone who hates america. Only hates us cause we are better than anyone else. :D :p ;)

You know, i would like to see other countires try just for once to support their self...

And as for you Canuck's...You all need to shut up, cause it's us that protect your ass from any harm...

what harm do we (Canada) ever get into?? It’s your asses terrorists are blowing up, not ours!

mjz_5 said:
what harm do we (Canada) ever get into?? It’s your asses terrorists are blowing up, not ours!

Wow. I come back to read over this thread and get to this. Off topic a lil'? :confused: :rolleyes:

[RIP]Zeus said:
Screw being Politically Correct...i'm tired of this easy way out i'm not to blame for anything i said politically correct SHIT!....shut up and lets get back on topic...

In case you missed the title of the thread...IT IS the topic!

[RIP]Zeus said:

Only reason anything bad would happen to Canada is because we live next to millions ignorant knowitalls like yourself. For a reason a lot of people of this planet disslike Americans, see the quote above.

[RIP]Zeus said:

/me steps up on his soapbox

Ok hold the bullshit for just a second. People hate this country for a lot of very valid reasons. We're for the most part arrogant, vulgar, and have no real culture. We have a retard for a president. We've taken to starting wars for no apparent reason recently.

And last but not least, we think people only hate us because we're so much better/richer/cooler than they are.

/me steps down from his soapbox

^eMpTy^ said:

Ok hold the bullshit for just a second. People hate this country for a lot of very valid reasons. We're for the most part arrogant, vulgar, and have no real culture. We have a retard for a president. We've taken to starting wars for no apparent reason recently.

And last but not least, we think people only hate us because we're so much better/richer/cooler than they are.

Lots of vaild truth there...yes i agree with you and also disagree with you. But overall i wouldn't want to live anywhere else. regarless if our leader is a moron or a great person. Doesn't matter..he is only there for 4 to 8 years.

And you can blame the people here for the we are better/richer/cooler shit.

But not all of us who live here are arrogant, vulgar, and have no real culture.

^eMpTy^ said:
lol...more like they can consider themselves smart for designing a chip that worked the first time with no respins and not jumping on a new process that caused delays...

I know you'd like to think that ATi is just unlucky and that if the world were fair ATi would be kicking nVidia's ass right now...but the simple fact is, nVidia is doing better because in the past several years they've made better decisions...nVidia isn't succeeding because ATi is unlucky, ATi is failing because they're making bad choices...

I'm not understanding. So ATI is stupid for trying to bring something new to the table? And seeming like they might actually bring it on the times they said it (with the argument Mainstream and mid market first with limited highend until november) But if they don't and just rehash and old core they are looked as non-innovators. How can they win with that attitude.

Many consider the 7800 just a MUCH faster 6800 (making the 6800 series and HDR finally worth it) meaning nvidia played it safer this time.

Netrat33 said:
I'm not understanding. So ATI is stupid for trying to bring something new to the table? And seeming like they might actually bring it on the times they said it (with the argument Mainstream and mid market first with limited highend until november) But if they don't and just rehash and old core they are looked as non-innovators. How can they win with that attitude.

Many consider the 7800 just a MUCH faster 6800 (making the 6800 series and HDR finally worth it) meaning nvidia played it safer this time.

I guess you could say they also played it smart. And possibly saw what ati would do?

Netrat33 said:

SHHHH!!! Don't say stuff like that on this forum.

^eMpTy^ said:

You have such an open mind... :rolleyes:

ivzk said:
Only reason anything bad would happen to Canada is because we live next to millions ignorant knowitalls like yourself. For a reason a lot of people of this planet disslike Americans, see the quote above.

Agreed, I would hate to live next to/with all those snobby french canadians too. Gotta be pretty stinky huh?

Every country has it's fair shair of morons, just so happens many of the rejects from Canada end up in America. All the bleeding heart liberals from the US end up in Canada, but that's OK by me!

SuperGSR said:
Agreed, I would hate to live next to/with all those snobby french canadians too. Gotta be pretty stinky huh?

Every country has it's fair shair of morons, just so happens many of the rejects from Canada end up in America. All the bleeding heart liberals from the US end up in Canada, but that's OK by me!

There's French Canadians out here?! And it's "Gotta be pretty stinky, eh?" if you wanted to be proper.

mjz_5 said:

Jesus dude. Are you stupid.

I guess "they" have a valid reason for them to kill us :rolleyes: . And same with everyone else who gets attacked (which is many countries)

How can anyone here be shocked by Kyle's response?

This is not a site to visit to see reviews on a "Barbie Dream Computer" or a "Sponge Bob Square Pants Mouse Pad" The site is not called oftOCP.

In fact I would be disapointed if a softball response was given. Tell it like it is brutha!

SuperGSR said:

I've always wondered why there was this smell coming from the north.. :D

ivzk said:
There's French Canadians out here?! And it's "Gotta be pretty stinky, eh?" if you wanted to be proper.

Hopefully there aren't any out here... But out here could be different depending on where here is.

Appreciate the grammar lesson ;)

Vermicious Knid said:
I bet thats what they were saying in London... thats not even funny...
Considering UK is in Iraq as well are you even surprised? Now the interesting thought is, had London been bombed if UK didn't support the war?

Ok back to topic, it is good see someone on a big site tell their true feelings about the way ATI is dealing with the launches this year.

PRIME1 said:
How can anyone here be shocked by Kyle's response?

This is not a site to visit to see reviews on a "Barbie Dream Computer" or a "Sponge Bob Square Pants Mouse Pad" The site is not called oftOCP.

In fact I would be disapointed if a softball response was given. Tell it like it is brutha!

I SO AGREE.....screw this softcore shit....i want my [H]ardOCP to be [H]ardCORE. :D

101 said:
I read a PR this morning that said the xbox360 was going to launch on Nov. 22 with availability in early January.

With out knowing the source I have to walk out on a very sturdy limb and claim BS. Want a video of chinese people putting them together? They are stock-piling them right now, so missing the holiday season would be very doubtful. Sure the allotments for pre-orders are running out, but there are no signs of a PS2-esque launch. Selling ONLY handfuls of millions and running out are not a paper launch.

Boy these types of threads bring out the good in people. It truly shows how much the human race has to go until their is no more hatred, racism, prejudism, war...

Pinnacle said:
Well, you need to get some facts straight. The one person, I know that works for ATI is "indian" as in from India. And from what I can make out a majority of ATI are NOT "Canucks" . He refers to himself as "indian" not canadian.

Here's two scoops of "give a shit." :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back