KWORLD UB435-Q Support satellite box?

Mccaula718

Gawd
I'm looking into getting this tuner: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815260023

I would be using it w/ a dish network box. I can set the box to output to any channel on either "air" or "cable." Will this tvtuner pick up the channels? I am assuming it will as it only needs to see one channel and my satellite box will do the rest, but i am not really up to date on tv formats(ATSC?) and the such. Any help, thanks in advance.

firstly it looks like it only does atsc or qam, and not NTSC.

If your dish is really outputting to channel 3/4, then thats NTSC.

This forum isnt dead.

i use dish network with that tuner. i have a svid-input on the pc though, thats the only way to get satellite on the pc without going out and buying a HDPVR

the usb tuner is just ATSC OTA antenna input (yeah qam i guess, never tried it). thats it. the reception is great, the picture quality is great, and it uses your video card for processing. its the best value single tuner out right now imo.

vista you have to hack, win7 will use both composite and OTA inputs at the same time out of the box. i think you have to set up the ota tuner in media center first, then add the composite. might be the other way around, i cant remember.

Back