KV8-Pro + Corsair 3200 = DDR333!??

Vellicator

n00b
I didn't really know wether to post this under 'motherboards' or 'memory,' but hopefully this'll be okay :)

Anyway, here's my problem. I have an ABIT KV8-Pro, with a single 512MB stick of Corsair XMS 3200. When booting, I get this POST screen, displaying my ram as DDR 333. :eek: :eek: After paying good money for Corsair 3200, this certainly won't do!

So I checked the BIOS, and this is what I saw -- my mobo automaticallly detected the RAM as DDR 333. So I corrected its mistake, changing the 333 to 400.

Perhaps I was a bit naive to think that this could work; it certainly didn't. I got an awful error beep, and had to clear my bios. So I went to work and found this on the Corsair website, with tested-and-true timings for my particular breed of RAM. After recreating my overclock to keep everything constant, I changed my DDR timings to match what I read, like so.

When booting, though, I got the same awful error beep telling me I had still fouled something up. I cleared the BIOS, and with my system at stock speed I tried re-doing the DDR clock and timings and still got no positive results.

So this leaves me here . . . can anybody help me? I'd definitely like to buy another stick of 512, but I'm not so sure about it if I can't get this one working correctly.

Here're my entire system specs, if you need them:
ABIT KV8-Pro
AMD Athlon64 3000+ @ 2450 (245x10) - watercooled
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro @ 430/360 - watercooled
1x 512mb Corsair XMS 3200
Samsung CD-RW
Samsung DVD
160GB Seagate Barracuda-ATA/100
2x 80GB Seagate Barracuda-SATA, Raid 1

Thanks!

Back