Kudos to MS for my transfer kit

Discussion in 'Console Gaming & Acc.' started by lgestle, Dec 23, 2009.

1. lgestle

lgestle [H]ard|Gawd

Not to many good stories regarding MS support, so figured I would give props when they are due.

Long story short I purchased an Xbox 360 MW2 Edition console. I had an old transfer kit that came with my 120gb, that I purchased when it was released, and I was dismayed when I attempted to use it for the new drive as it would not detect it (ie software was coded only for 120gb models). Called up support any they had me rma the transfer kit.

That was about 2 weeks ago when I mailed it in and lost track of it with christmas shopping and etc. I was informed it would take 2-3 weeks turn around so I wasn't expecting it any time soon with the holidays.
    Well fedex just showed up with the transfer kit but what I found interesting was they shipped it overnight!

Maybe I'm jaded with the recent decline of customer service among many vendors, but it was nice to see them go a little beyond what was necessary without me babysitting the entire process.

2. JohnleMVP

JohnleMVP [H]ardness Supreme

They really should just make the transfer software a downloadable app. That way people who already the kit or bought the retail kit don't have to wait 2-3 weeks.

3. Dome

Dome 2[H]4U

when i bought a new xbox, i called MS and told them i need a Xfer kit. they got it to me in 2 days.

i think them putting xfer kits in people's hands isn't one of their many problems...

4. swatbat

swatbat [H]ardForum Junkie

Consider yourself lucky. I ordered mine around the time the MW2 360 came out. Took close to a month to get mine in. I just used my 20gig from my old 360 during the gap. I wish they would just sell them instores without the 120 gig drive with them.