Kryonaut grizzly paste 10c + higher whats wrong?? bait and switch ?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by zoobaka, May 8, 2018.

1. zoobaka

zoobaka n00bie

ste-2000 v Kryonaut [amazon]
    over 10 c higher with grizzly paste.
    Ive cleaned and swapped back and forth pastes, a few times to verify.
    What is happening?

20180508_152146.jpg 20180508_155410.jpg 20180508_160425.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  2. DTN107

DTN107 [H]ardness Supreme

I'm not trying to be a jerk today but do you honestly type like that?

It wouldn't hurt to proof-read for a minute and post up thumbnail embedded links.

3. doubletake

doubletake Limp Gawd

Did you buy it straight from Amazon or from a third party vendor? Kryonaut is top tier stuff, so getting terrible performance like that means that you either got an inexplicably bad batch from the factory (unlikely), or you got swindled by a seller who bought cheap-ass, garbage-tier paste in bulk and filled Kryonaut syringes with it to resell for a profit.

Armenius and Ocellaris like this.
  4. Ocellaris

Ocellaris Ginger @le, an alcoholic's best friend.

You used too much paste. And you maybe got fake Thermal Grizzly.

Aside from that there isn’t enough information here to diagnose anything.

5. doubletake

doubletake Limp Gawd

Definitely, but from my limited experience with it, that stuff conducts heat well enough that even a bad OEM-style application like that still wouldn't butcher thermal performance to like what OP's getting. Unless it's actually so much that OP's inadvertently failing to apply proper mount pressure on the cooler because of the huge gap left between the IHS and coldplate.

6. zoobaka

zoobaka n00bie

If you look i used same amount residu on the ihs for both paste. i will try to get a replacement. must been swindled.

7. guitarslingerchris

guitarslingerchris Failure is just success rounded down

Definitely not this.
    Probably this.

Killerxp100 and rgMekanic like this.
  8. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

First of all, you can't get bad temps by using too much paste, but yes you did use too much, it shouldn't be spilling over the sides of your Processor into the socket housing.

Just buy some Noctual NT-H1 Paste or some IC Diamond & be done. Both IC Diamond & Noctua are very well established brands, for good reason. No need to buy the "exotic" stuff, it doesn't do a better job, but their marketing will tell you otherwise.

Also, what are your real world temps?

Ocellaris likes this.
  9. zoobaka

zoobaka n00bie

so amazon will refund the money.. but i still have a fake grizzly mostly full crap paste..

10. Ocellaris

Throw it out.

11. Putz

Putz I have a custom title

am i the only one who still uses AS5 in the giant ass 12g tube from like 5 years ago? couldn't count how many cpus and video cards ive used the same tube on and still half a tube left, all these new fancy ones don't see to be any better. all with margin of error

while i dont think too much paste is causing you problem since excess gets pushed out, you have enough paste on that cpu for 6 applications :)

vegeta535, N4CR, pendragon1 and 4 others like this.
  12. guitarslingerchris

guitarslingerchris Failure is just success rounded down

Arctic Silver 5 is and likely will always be my paste of choice until we get a clearly better option.

https://www.hwcooling.net/en/the-test-of-27-thermal-compounds-part-1-en/2/

Putz likes this.
  13. Putz

Putz I have a custom title

shoudlnt need 1.35v for that speed either, unless i got lucky

1.3v 51x100 on mine but that voltage drop will dump alot of your heat

14. zoobaka

zoobaka n00bie

Update:
    An Indian Guy after a few mins of chatting said he would process a refund 3-5 days.. I called 2 days later again and it was never processed. The new guy sounds Philippine[ always somebody with an accent and hard to understand] Said the same thing he will process a instant refund this takes 3-5 days to receive.
    But it will be refunded before I send the grizzly back to amazon. I guess Normally they need to receive the stuffs first.
    Im not holding my breath. I WILL NOLONGER use Amazon. I am also waiting for resolution if there is any to Blow up feedback to that company with all the juicy details.

15. Ocellaris

So basically you didn’t look at who the seller was before buying the item and it’s Amazon’s fault? And apparently you dont know you can just request a refund online and get a RMA label sent to you?

16. Krenum

17. Krenum

N4CR likes this.
  18. zoobaka

zoobaka n00bie

amazons guy didnt do what he said he would do.. so yeah.
    the company 99% positive But they never returned my email about it either.

19. rgMekanic

rgMekanic [H]ard|News Staff Member

Definitely a bad/fake batch here. I'm running Hydronaut on my personal rig (ordered from Performance PCs) and it has been flawless.

We use Prolimatech PK-3 on the [H] cooler test platform. It is some damn fine paste as well, albeit with a bit of a learning curve to get a good application.

20. zoobaka

zoobaka n00bie

This stuff is what i used to get those lower temps in the pic

termopasta_scythe_thermal_elixir_2_shprits_5_gramm_scte_2000_1518450651_1.jpg

21. Gman1979

Gman1979 Gawd

You used too much even if it's legit TG. On my 6600k, I got the best results with barely more than enough to cover the heat spreader in a "haze" of TIM. I could still read the info on the cpu through it.

Upgrayedd and N4CR like this.
  22. zoobaka

zoobaka n00bie

it sqeeezes out . if you look at bothe die pics both same amount of paste maybe to much buut the cheap stuff like 15c cooler

23. zoobaka

zoobaka n00bie

I got my money....chaching.. I never use amazon so the process was a bugger.

24. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd [H]Lite

I just put some on my GPU but noticed it isn't getting even mounting pressure at first and my temps were higher as well. I reapplied a few times and tried to push on the back of my card and finally got the temps to drop a few C for me, nothing extreme 2-3C, I blame mounting pressure really in my case though.
    It also does look like you used a bit too much. I also bought mine from amazon but may buy some more from a more PC centered source to actually test myself for counterfeit.

25. zoobaka

zoobaka n00bie

well i tried again using d-15s and 82c was highest in prime 95. i just put sinth thermal elixer 2 from frys on [again] and guess what 68c so either fake or bad batch

26. Nenu

Nenu [H]ardened

Better quality dolls use real hair and are easier to clean after ;)