Krater - A gorgeous post-apocalyptic action RPG

Spewn

2[H]4U
I just heard about this game from a friend and started playing the beta on Steam, and it's really good so far! The game launches in a few days and will be getting a patch to add co-op play on July 10th.

You control a squad of 3 different characters in fairly familiar dungeon-crawler style. The game features lots of crafting and persistent changes to your characters, they can be permanently injured or even permanently die.

Check it out on Steam or at http://www.kratergame.com

Yeah I read about this game about 5 months ago on Game Informer.
It looks very interesting.

I love apocalyptic games.
Basically you send these characters to go out and get you food and ammo etc.
They can perma die which is awesome and it looke like they all
have different abilities.
I just dont know how well your going to be ableto control 3 of them at the same time.

Def worth a look!

I was hoping for something a little more realistic!

Don't quite know about this one, we'll see once its released.

I was hoping for something a little more realistic!

Don't quite know about this one, we'll see once its released.

Realistic is definitely not how I'd describe this game, but I'm having fun playing it so far and it really does look great.

Will I get my moneys worth with this? I really feel like Diablo 3 let me down in terms of gameplay mechanics and length of the game. Not trying to repeat that.

i found the game to be shit and cancelled the pre-order after trying to play for a day.

i found the game to be shit and cancelled the pre-order after trying to play for a day.

Finding the game to be shit doesn't say much for why. If the game mechanics are fundamentally broken, that is something I can understand. Most often it is merely a subjective opinion. Care to elaborate why you found it to be shit?

We've all seen the gameplay videos and can get a grasp of what to expect. I'm hoping it is decent also, but putting my cynical jaded glasses on, I won't get my expectations too high until I hear from the punters.

It looks pretty sweet to me. I'm not ready to pre-order for the Beta but I am interested to give it a try when I can.

Finding the game to be shit doesn't say much for why. If the game mechanics are fundamentally broken, that is something I can understand. Most often it is merely a subjective opinion. Care to elaborate why you found it to be shit?

We've all seen the gameplay videos and can get a grasp of what to expect. I'm hoping it is decent also, but putting my cynical jaded glasses on, I won't get my expectations too high until I hear from the punters.

Honestly, without going much into detail (i just don't think it deserves much detail), the controls are clunky, the conversations with NPCs are downright atrocious, the combat is....boring and, well, sounds are bad, too. The only thing halfway decent are the gfx but then again, i don't buy the game for it's pretty graphics only.

Obviously, this is only my personal opinion on the game. I'd play a demo first.

Honestly, without going much into detail (i just don't think it deserves much detail), the controls are clunky, the conversations with NPCs are downright atrocious, the combat is....boring and, well, sounds are bad, too. The only thing halfway decent are the gfx but then again, i don't buy the game for it's pretty graphics only.

Obviously, this is only my personal opinion on the game. I'd play a demo first.

Doesn't bode to well lol.. Although, if the clunky controls are a throw back to old school RPGs (a flavor not everyone enjoys) are the main concerns, I would like to hear a deeper analysis. Conversations and dialogue are something I can overlook especially when it is translated from another language. Space Rangers has some terrible dialogue but it was still fantastic.

I really like old skool RPGs that don't necessarily have fast pace combat, ie. turn based or something similar.

Do they have a demo available?

Back