KotOR II Restored! TSLRCM

I played one of the earlier versions and thought it was fantastic, making a good game close to being a great game. I'll have to give this another playthrough soon.

Still can't get a digital download of this game correct? Last time I checked it was physical copy only not avail on steam, etc.

Still can't get a digital download of this game correct? Last time I checked it was physical copy only not avail on steam, etc.

Yep, no downloadable version yet. Amazon has the physical version for pretty cheap, though.

The second one really lacked compared to the first. Can't wait to dive into this.

The second one really lacked compared to the first. Can't wait to dive into this.

I found the opposite true. 2 was a better RPG to me. Now, the real problem was that Lucasarts gave Obsidian 11 months and 24 people to get it done...

The first was a better game, but I always felt like the second game had the potential to be superior. The early version of the restoration mod I played added a bunch of good stuff, so I suspect this final version is terrific.

Though it does suck that TSL was rushed so badly back in 05 and it majorly sucks that we wont ever actually get a continuation to the stories of Revan/Bastila and the Exile.

Last edited:
Classic.... There is no classic without x-wing and dark forces. Everything before those two sucked though.

Okay... I've got a problem and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I did a complete reinstall of KoToRII, patched to 1.0b, and then installed TSLRCM. When I start the game I get all kinds of wierd tears- this is just the main menu!- and when I start a new game and go the character creation screen it gets worse.

No character models show up on that screen, random tearing goes though the smoke effects, and even if I make a selection the character's face doesn't show up in the lower window, even if I select other options.

Really not sure what's wrong.

My graphics card is: Radeon X1300\X1550 series.

Took almost all my google-fu, but finally go this fixed. Apparently it's a common ATI problem with this game. You just need to add "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" beneath the Graphics Options sectoon of the .ini

I played a much earlier version of this resto a few years back. It puts this game into my top 5 CRPGs.
I wonder how different the final is. The one I played was pretty damn polished.

Downloaded, reinstalled Kotor2, patched, updated, played for 2 days straight.
The updated game seems to be much better than the original. I just could not play it back in 2005.
But the same annoing "stuck after combat" bug is still present and is as annoying as it was back then.
Noticed some dialogs and voice-overs that are missing and some videos were out of sequence.
But overall it is a much needed improvement.

I still get the "flash-forward through dialogue without sound files" issue. Figured that would've been part of what they fixed. Any way to slow that down so I can at least read the subtitles?

Back