KOTOR II Questions **SPOILERS!!!**

Molingrad

Gawd
I bought KOTOR II because i played KOTOR and thought it was a great game. The gameplay was gonna be the same as KOTOR and i heard the story was gonna be good like the first one, however i am extremily confused as to what happened with the story in KOTOR II.

A few questions...

1. What was the point of having Darth Nihail exist at all?, was he Revan? I killed him and it meant nothing it seemed look its a bad guy and your the bad guy killer so kill him - thats that.

2. On Malachor V i got into a fight with the Wookie Bounty Hunter when i was the Girl Bounty Hunter that you get, I ended up losing that battle - the game didnt end so i didnt restart and play untill i won ( i hated that character anyways) But i was wondering if it was possible to kill him and if you did would the story change to make more sense?

3. BIG ONE, in a cut scene it shows the Ebon Hawk be destroyed in two ways 1. It crash lands on Malachor V, beating the hell out of it and 2. In another cut scene it shows it fall into a pit at Malachor V after being crushed by rocks. If it was destroyed how at the end of the game when you kill Kreia does it magically swoop my character away and save him before Malachor V blows up? And its complelety undamaged?

And some things that i had a problem with...

The game was good and i thought the story was good untill the end where it made no sense, or made the whole damn thing seem pointless

The major thing i was pissed about is that i never got to become a prestiege class (ie. Jedi Master, Jedi Watcher, Sith Lord, etc.) Like i did in KOTOR i tried to keep my alignment in the middle, some things i did dark some light - but in this game in order to go to the cave on korriban and get a new class you have to be strong light or dark, which i wasnt and i had done every side quest so i had no way of getting the prestiege class. This greatly frustrated me. I ended up beating the game as a level 26 Jedi Sentinel.

As to #2 yes, it is possible to kill the wookie. Hard as hell, but doable. I kept trying and failing until i figured out that you can pause and equip mira with anything in your "inventory pool". So she can use her ranged grenade and crossbow thingy to shoot at the wookie, then pause, swap to a blaster, and continue on. And run like you are forest gump. If he gets close, you've had it. Run, shoot, run, shoot, rinse, repeat until he's dead.

And i also noted that there were story discrepancies and plot holes you could drive a truck through. Fun game, but i really don't think they finished the game before it shipped.

1) The game is about The Sith Lords and how they are running around trying to destroy you since you are causing such grief and damage to the force. Your dmg draws Darth Nihail to you, Visa is his apprentice and if you get a love interest she will aid you and tell you more about him.

2) The endings change depending on if you win or not. If you don't she wont have a future, if you do you are told how she becomes a hero and dies in the future trying to save people. Pratically how your influence helped change her from being selfish to caring for others.

3) Dude, the Ebon Hawk is immortal! Consider it like the iconic figure that cannot be destroyed. Its a mystery altogether, I mean they never told you how you got it in the first place or how it survived after Revan got to it...

Im guessing it will play another roll in KOTOR3.

KOTOR1 didn't have prestige classes ;)

The Ebon hawk wasn't destroyed twice. It was just badly damaged. Just like in the first part of the game. I'll got back and watch the end movies but I am pretty sure that it wasn't "in perfect condition when it came to rescue him".

I managed to deafeat the wookie. Although you don't have to kill him. I was presented with the choice, and since I was light side I opted to let him go.

Just as in the first KOTOR, you have to go strongly light or dark to use certain items or unlock certain parts of the game. Going down the middle litterally gains you nothing.

The game is also more fun I think going one extremem or the other. I agree with the last poster also. There wasn't a "Prestige class".

***BUMP***

I also have a question if you don't mind:

I'm on Nar Shadaa and I'm puzzled on what to do. I know that I should find the Jedi Master but I have no leads on doing so. Right now I'm working on changeing the codes for the Ebon Hawk. Found the codes already, but I need a card. Anyone know where I can find one?

ComputerBox34 said:
***BUMP***

I'm on Nar Shadaa and I'm puzzled on what to do. I know that I should find the Jedi Master but I have no leads on doing so. Right now I'm working on changeing the codes for the Ebon Hawk. Found the codes already, but I need a card. Anyone know where I can find one?
Nar Shadaa -- that's the industrial looking city, right?
General tip: Go everywhere and talk to everyone, then repeat -- some people you can only get information from after talking about things with other people.

More specific tip: take someone who has a high stealth skill into the cantina and eavesdrop, I think that opens a quest you need.

bipolar said:
Nar Shadaa -- that's the industrial looking city, right?
General tip: Go everywhere and talk to everyone, then repeat -- some people you can only get information from after talking about things with other people.

More specific tip: take someone who has a high stealth skill into the cantina and eavesdrop, I think that opens a quest you need.

I didn't use any sort of stealth but I did find out that Volgo the Hutt needed my assistance. His lair is in the docks by the cantina. You need to speak to a blue twilek I think on the docks in order to get past the guard to his enclave. Once you leave, T3 gets a message for you to see and everything is self explanatory from there.

------------------------------------------------------

Another Question:

Now that I've met with every single master (except the one on Dantooine), do I

A. Take up Volgo's offer for trade to keep the citadel running

or

B. Return back to Datooine and look for the final Jedi Master? ( the first time I went, I turned the sub level inside out, I just found a few corpses, some guy that looked like Jesus who gave me some Light Saber parts, droids, broken computers, and spider dudes)

I felt so used. Everyone is trying to use you. The hilirous thing was when 3 Jedi Masters trying to detech you from the Force. I was like didn't they tell me to meet them there. It turned out they wanted me dead. What a conspiracy!!!!! I didn't meet the wookie though. I think I saved Vasa after she finished meditating in Malachor V. I am on the this rock right now and about to confront Keria. Almost done.

ComputerBox34 said:
( the first time I went, I turned the sub level inside out, I just found a few corpses, some guy that looked like Jesus who gave me some Light Saber parts, droids, broken computers, and spider dudes)
Once you get to the library and meet Disiple there are some merc bodies piled near a large statue. Search them for datapad that tells you where the Jedi Master is. In the Crystal Cave. But you have to find the datapad before he shows up there.

ComputerBox34 said:
***BUMP***

I found it easiest to just piss off the Exchange. Help Vogo, save the little girl, kill the overseer, etc. If you still don't get a call from the exchange about a meeting you can pay a little bat guy, inside the entertainment zone, 2000 credits to get the Exchange mad or happy with you.

I know there were no prestige classes in KOTOR 1 i meant in 1 i played it down the middle being neither good or bad - did that on purpose because i didnt want a penalty for using force powers that were light or dark

In KOTOR II i tried the same thing i didnt know that in a specific point to upgrade to a new class i had to be extremily strong light or dark, had i known i would of choosend a side early on. I was pretty damn light and i still couldnt pass to get the new class.

Akuma said:
I found it easiest to just piss off the Exchange. Help Vogo, save the little girl, kill the overseer, etc. If you still don't get a call from the exchange about a meeting you can pay a little bat guy, inside the entertainment zone, 2000 credits to get the Exchange mad or happy with you.

I think I found a bug....I'm stuck, possibly from doing quests out of order.
I did the landing pylon thing, took the Volgo's hijack quest (but don't know where to go with it), killed the overseer and other refugee camp thugs, cleaned out the 'hawk, and paid off the mouse. Still no new dialogue or cutscenes regarding the exhange.

Ruiner said:
I think I found a bug....I'm stuck, possibly from doing quests out of order.
I did the landing pylon thing, took the Volgo's hijack quest (but don't know where to go with it), killed the overseer and other refugee camp thugs, cleaned out the 'hawk, and paid off the mouse. Still no new dialogue or cutscenes regarding the exhange.

When you say paid off the mouse, you paid him 2000 credits right? Did you tell him to put a good word in for you instead of a bad one saying that you want to kill them?

With Volgo the hutt, you have to first talk to the blue twilek in the center of Nar Shadaa landing zones there (he's right by the Jar Jar Tar) and find out that the exchange is causeing volgo trouble. Then go talk to volgo and tell him that your intrested in helping out. After I did all of that, I got a message from the exchange and a new cutscene.

yup did that.
I took the quest from volgo, but still nothing. I even tried to incite him by opening the door in his room...the dogs growl but nothing.

2. On Malachor V i got into a fight with the Wookie Bounty Hunter when i was the Girl Bounty Hunter that you get, I ended up losing that battle - the game didnt end so i didnt restart and play untill i won ( i hated that character anyways) But i was wondering if it was possible to kill him and if you did would the story change to make more sense?

I didn't have a problem killing him at all. First, i ran him around the arena and had him step on all the mines, then i used the glue grenade, and he'll be stuck to the spot, and then went to town on him.

moralpanic said:
I didn't have a problem killing him at all. First, i ran him around the arena and had him step on all the mines, then i used the glue grenade, and he'll be stuck to the spot, and then went to town on him.

Wrong planet. Thats Nar Shadaa. On Malachor V, its much harder and there is no mines for him to step on.

I had 6 rockets and I basically rocketed his ass and I was able to take 60 HP away from him. From there, it was basically hit and run with master rapid shot.

Ruiner said:
yup did that.
I took the quest from volgo, but still nothing. I even tried to incite him by opening the door in his room...the dogs growl but nothing.

Hmmm, did you talk to that blind Technician and ask him if you could get the Ebon Hawks codes changed?

yup. and got the codes (but no card).
The mouse and tail head both say that the exchange doesnt like me.

ComputerBox34 said:
Wrong planet. Thats Nar Shadaa. On Malachor V, its much harder and there is no mines for him to step on.

I had 6 rockets and I basically rocketed his ass and I was able to take 60 HP away from him. From there, it was basically hit and run with master rapid shot.
All i did was run away/use stimp pack and then mandalorian melee shield; gave her the 2 weapon profficiencies; and went to town. I think near the end of the fight I had her use 2 emergnency life saver packs or wahtever; to give full health; then went ot town w/ master flurry on upgraded double bladded vibro-sword. Easy as pie

Ruiner said:
yup. and got the codes (but no card).
The mouse and tail head both say that the exchange doesnt like me.

Ah, that might be the problem. Go back to the mouse, pay him another 2000 credits, and tell him to put a good word in for you. I did that and the exchange was intrested in hireing them but they tried to backstab me but they failed. ( ;) )

I hope this 2000 credits is worth it...

I tried that too. The 'pay 2000 credits' dialogue won't come up a second time. I replayed the planet from the beginning, but this time didn't slaughter all the exhange thugs. I've just come to the ebon hawk hijack scene, so we'll see if anything new plays out.

Ruiner said:
I tried that too. The 'pay 2000 credits' dialogue won't come up a second time. I replayed the planet from the beginning, but this time didn't slaughter all the exhange thugs. I've just come to the ebon hawk hijack scene, so we'll see if anything new plays out.
My bad. Killing squid head in the slave girl quest removes the exchange meeting cutscenes.

KidzMD said:
Read the following:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29764

OE cut alot of material from the game in order to meet the Xmas deadline. (or at least that's the rumor). Read the cut material in the above thread and it answers alot of your questions - except for how the Ebon Hawk came back from the dead...

Holy lawn flamingos!!! That dialogue is amazing! I wonder how much more stuff will be found by fans...

Ok. I finally beat the game today. I've been dying to look at this thread. :p

Molingrad said:
The major thing i was pissed about is that i never got to become a prestiege class (ie. Jedi Master, Jedi Watcher, Sith Lord, etc.)

I became a Sith Lord. I was talking to Kreia in the Ebon Hawk before I went to the last planet. She started drilling me with questions and riddles, and eventually it let me pick my class. I was 100% dark side, so maybe you have to be fully light or dark to get the class??

Anyway. The game rocked, even if it wasn't much more than an expansion pack.

I was able to become a Jedi WeaponMaster at level 15. Went 11 levels at that before beating the game at a combined level 26.

Massive Spoilers!

Well I finally beat this game and I do have to say I've never played another game where the final boss was a blind old lady missing one hand.

Hey, is it possible to train both Atton and Handmaiden as dark Jedi?
I converted Atton, but waited on HM and now my influence on her is gone. I had tried it before and got the 'betrayal' cut scene from Telos, but went back and converted Atton instead.

I want to know if it is possible to "trick" the game into giving you the Handmaiden if the PC is female. I know there is something to do with gender in the .ini file or something.

I just finished the game(as in like 10 minutes ago). I thought it was great. Sure, the ending was, well, cut out, but the game was a blast to play through. I was a Completely lightside level 26 jedi master. I started out as a guardian and got my prestige class at level 17. I had the +3 to wisdom bonus from my light side points being maxed. I think I might get the first one on PC now and play through it again.

One thing I was dissapointed in though, was Carth Onasi. I kept seeing cut scenes of him throughout the game and was awaiting a big talk with him, but all I got was a little bit about Revan and about the ship. I was hoping he would become a party member again. Is there different versions of that conversation with Carth?

Super56K said:
One thing I was dissapointed in though, was Carth Onasi. I kept seeing cut scenes of him throughout the game and was awaiting a big talk with him, but all I got was a little bit about Revan and about the ship. I was hoping he would become a party member again. Is there different versions of that conversation with Carth?

Did I miss something? I don't recall seeing any cutscenes with him. Only thing I found was his blaster. I haven't unlocked all of the cutscenes, so maybe I missed something. When did you see this?

ComputerBox34 said:
Did I miss something? I don't recall seeing any cutscenes with him. Only thing I found was his blaster. I haven't unlocked all of the cutscenes, so maybe I missed something. When did you see this?

Carth comes up a few times.

He's in one of the holovids on the Republic cruiser at Peragus.

There's a cutscene where he talks to the head of the TSF on Telos. He's the Republic admiral on his way to investigate you before you conveniently get off the mining station.

At the end, there's a cutscene with him and Bastilla discussing where Revan went.

Did I miss any?

m1dg3t said:
At the end, there's a cutscene with him and Bastilla discussing where Revan went.

Did I miss any?

At what part in the end? I never got a cutscence about that. Maybe I had to watch the holograms. The game crashed while I was watching the holograms in the breifing room and I realized that all I had to do is go to the navicomputer and then turn around and go through the locked door. I can probably unlock the scene and watch it for myself anyway.

Back