KOTOR 2 gets a new patch after 10 years

LeviathanZERO

Supreme [H]ardness
This is kinda of ridiculous and unheard of. OFFICIAL PATCH, not a community modded patch. Wow. 10 years later!

• 37 achievements to be earned through gameplay
• Steam Cloud saves
• Native widescreen resolution support
• Resolution support up to 4K and 5K
• Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, and Playstation 4, along with several others (check the system requirements for details)
• Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod Team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day
EDIT: also added LINUX and OSX Support

...and we added a "Force Speed Effects" option in the menu ;)

Game is on sale for $7.49 to celebrate.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/208580/

Last edited:
I never played KOTOR 2, but wasn't it the inferior of the two KOTOR games?

Yes and no. It was unfinished and buggy but the parts that were complete and did work were better than the first game. The gameplay is improved over the first game, the characters are mostly written a little better, to story seemed like it could have been better. If Obsidian had been able to finish the game it would have been the better of the two.

Wow, this is a few weeks after I played it...It's a good game the ending is just kinda mehhhhhhhh

The fact that its out among all three platforms is amazing.

Both OSX/Linux is real nice.... Plus cloud saves!

Nice Move Disney!

"Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II › STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™"

Welcome to Disney™

i haven't started playing KOTOR 2 since i got the star wars humble bundle. So are the patches fixing issues or do I still have to mod it to fix it? does the mod still work? or did the patch kill it?

KOTOR 2 is a great game. I think KOTOR has a better story. If KOTOR is a 10 KOTOR 2 would be like an 8 or 9. If you've played KOTOR you owe it to yourself to play KOTOR 2.

i played the crap out of this one i bought it from the summer sale for 0.99... or something like that

your welcome to go back to the George Lucas Days.. where... Nothing.... ever... was... being... worked... on....

Just saying if Disney wanted to be the good guy, they would not have locked down the IP to only one publisher.

C'mon you people start kissing up mickey mouses's ass jut because one lousy patch? I need much more than that. I need a follow up to Rogue Squadron, I need a follow up to X-Wing Alliance, I need SW 1313. I need anything but a stupid Star Wars skinned battlefield game.

There was an unofficial patch put out that did a good job of restoring lost content, places, dialogue etc. 2 was my favorite and made better with the mod.

C'mon you people start kissing up mickey mouses's ass jut because one lousy patch? I need much more than that. I need a follow up to Rogue Squadron, I need a follow up to X-Wing Alliance, I need SW 1313. I need anything but a stupid Star Wars skinned battlefield game.

Why are people still obsessing over 1313? What exactly in the last decade of LucasArt's existence gave people ANY confidence that it would be good? Not to mention the information that came out after the death of the studio talking about how royally fucked everything was there including that game.

I guess I'm in the minority who enjoyed KOTOR2 far more than 1.

But no *real* fixes to the game, so it's still a half-finished POS...at 5K.

Until they get TSLRCM updated to work with this new version, I'd still rather use the old version.

"• Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod Team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day"

"• Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod Team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day"

Oh fuck me! I even read the patch notes and everything. Need moar coffee!

I actually finally started playing this game last night after I read this thread. KOTOR1 was one of my favorite games of all time, but I never played 2 because everyone said the game was unfinished and broken. I bought it for cheap a few years ago and went about downloading TSLRCM, widescreen fixes, etc. It was a pain, and I still ended up getting a freeze that corrupted my save file. Honestly, the best part of this is the native controller support. I really didn't like how the game felt with KB/M, and the roundabout, third party methods of getting controllers to work before were pretty bad. I could never get it working properly.

Like I really need to add more games to my back log... Sigh

Why are people still obsessing over 1313? What exactly in the last decade of LucasArt's existence gave people ANY confidence that it would be good? Not to mention the information that came out after the death of the studio talking about how royally fucked everything was there including that game.
Yeah, I don't get it either. 1313 really didn't seem all that interesting. I'd prefer more Tie Fighter over everything mentioned above.

There was an unofficial patch put out that did a good job of restoring lost content, places, dialogue etc. 2 was my favorite and made better with the mod.

The steam version now comes pre-setup with that patch, via steamworkshop.

Don´t fret about the bugs and structure of the game anymore, those are fixed by the mod. Kreia is a great character, I found her much more interesting than that stupid Malak or practically anyone else for that matter in the first KOTOR.

Back